NO love here for wider skis?

Philpug

'999, you have to remember, Doug and I ski at Blue, it's not Camelback we're talking about here...

My GS:9s are a 62mm waist I think. My GS:9s MIGHT be a 65 (powder skis for me :lol: )

They certainly do rip.

The last 2 ft snowfall we saw was in February of 03 over presidents weekend. CB closed and we skiied at blue. The back roads to blue were brutal and we had to take them because 476 was closed. Making matters worse my Land Rover got stuck and had to be pulled out by a Lexus, I felt like a real sissy.

The last 2 ft snowfall we saw was in February of 03 over presidents weekend. CB closed and we skiied at blue. The back roads to blue were brutal and we had to take them because 476 was closed. Making matters worse my Land Rover got stuck and had to be pulled out by a Lexus, I felt like a real sissy.

Good for Blue. "Closed due to snow" just always seemed like a bad reputation for a ski area to have.

But, uh, POC, have you just given yourself a new nickname? :yes

i dont think bear ever closed due to snow, including doe mountain days, yall dont have to believe me, i can ski all the fresh stuff all nyte long, cuz every run the tracks are gone and no one is usually there, they let people that cant get out safely sleep in the lodge, all that means is the bar is cheap and open til god knows when but luckly we have the yurt this year so it should be a good year if it snow often enough

i dont think bear ever closed due to snow, including doe mountain days, yall dont have to believe me, i can ski all the fresh stuff all nyte long, cuz every run the tracks are gone and no one is usually there, they let people that cant get out safely sleep in the lodge, all that means is the bar is cheap and open til god knows when but luckly we have the yurt this year so it should be a good year if it snow often enough

HUMMER POWER!!! I think I am going to bring the H1 up - with all this talk about closure due to snow......whaaaaaaaaa?

I JUST BOUGHT THEM!!! :woot (only cause they match my jacket :)

papa I always wondered why you just never bought some nice all mountain carving skis? I mean there is really no need for twin tips. I think its cool that you support it and everything, it just makes more sense for you to have a nice carving ski.

papa I always wondered why you just never bought some nice all mountain carving skis? I mean there is really no need for twin tips. I think its cool that you support it and everything, it just makes more sense for you to have a nice carving ski.

I ride every day Line Darksides which are exactly that, an all mountain ski. I got the Karmas for western skiing and just for the fun of it, I never have skied on a large mid fat... 88 waist. Besides, I ski switch quite well :nana

I also have my eyes on a short slalom ski 11m radius, just for the fun of it toooooo.. :woot