CB on newswatch 16..

librider

I'm sure it'd be huge income for them to have snowtubing open by TG weekend, and much less initial cost than opening the mountain...

I doubt we'll see any snow on the ground by that weekend, but here's hoping!

Whatever makes them money. ITs alot easier for them to make a little snow and get the snow tubers than to try and cover some of the trails and have folks complain "there arent enough trails open" blah blah blah

Well if they are opening the snowtubing .. the trails cant be far away :woot

He has a point..Tubes will slow down a lot once it gets too warm. HOWEVER ski areas counter that by putting salt down on the lanes (yes, they do use salt for warm snowtubing days). They also use salt out on race courses on a warm day. It sucks out all the extra water from the snow, and makes the snow harder (and faster).

i've heard from a few different sources that the guns will be turned on tomorrow night....not sure the reason but hey it's one step closer

Miss the pinned topic on the top of the page here?

CB WILL be turning on the guns tomorrow night, and there is a topic on that already (so please send all drooling that way :lol:

snow tubing is a waste of snow, but it has helped many PA mountains with the amount of revenue it has produced in the last 5-10 years.

Yep, the ONLY reason Montage has turned profitable is because of the snowtubing. The water park didn't work and was shut down. Without tubing, Montage would probably be a used car lot by now.

Yep, the ONLY reason Montage has turned profitable is because of the snowtubing. The water park didn't work and was shut down. Without tubing, Montage would probably be a used car lot by now.

Your really not gonna like hearing this. But I know a girl whos from Moscow, and her father is up high at Montage. She was saying that a company is looking at it, and they want to put a summer park in there, just like Camel Beach. She didnt say if its just or a proposal or a real good chance, but the possibility is there. :no

Edited by montageskier