Shawnee and rain dec 3 opening??????

wezlofilms

Shawnees Opening Day dec. 3 what do your think will they open its going to rain on tuesday all day and wed night is only gonna b a low of 29 so they maybe blow snow. Are we going to be let down again on a false opening date. i hope not what do u think?

Think cold

Snow

and a dec 3rd opening

Shawnees Opening Day dec. 3 what do your think will they open its going to rain on tuesday all day and wed night is only gonna b a low of 29 so they maybe blow snow. Are we going to be let down again on a false opening date. i hope not what do u think?

They got a great deal off snow up there already, so they should make it through this little warm/rain . I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

An HKD gun is the newest snowgun on the market today, that revolutionized the snowmaking industry. An HKD is more efficient econimically and in snow production compared to a fangun/conventional air/water gun.

Here is a great explanation of how an HKD works. Its a video and loads quick if your on dial up like me. http://www.bluemountain.ca/winter_conditions_snowmaking.htm

What are the advantages of an HKD? First off its mounted about 20' or 30' off the gound (depending on the tower they bought). Which allows the water to freeze more in return making better snow quality, its as close to it being natural as it gets. Next an HKD uses less compressed air. Your thinking so what? Well look at it this way. The old air/water guns use about 300 cfm or so of compressed air...thats a lot and its extremely loud. Now the HKD only uses 50cfm. Which in return allows them to run more guns, make more snow, better snow quality, and save on electricity. Electricity is a killer in snowmaking, those compressor use a ton of it and its expensive, so the less they use the better they will be at saving money.

How does an HKD work? Well its just like an other snowgun but with some advantages. The only disadvantage to it is it cannot make snow at marginal temps. First its has two connections like an other gun for air and water. Depending on the model it may come equipped with a 5hp air compressor eliminating the need for air from a hydrant. Then it has a connection for the water. The water and air travel up the tower to the flanged head where it meets the noozles. For this I Will use SMI's Viking snow tower to explain. If I remember correctly the viking has 12 total nozzles on it. Six nozzles are the nucleation nozzles reffered to as "nuc" nozzles. This mean that both air/water go through these. The remaining six nozzles are bulk water nozzles meaning only water travel through them. The nuc noozles spray the air/water out while the bulk water noozles mix with the nuc's spray creating even more nuc which later turns into snow.

Now, if I explain how its cost effective you will get confused because it has to do with the flow rates on the nozzles, but in lamens terms since only six nozzles with a low flow rate use compressed air (nuc nozzles) it only requires 50 cfm (this is because of the orfice, or hole size on the nozzles compared to one big hole) and because air isn't used on all the nozzles.

Ok, so after the nuc and bulk water mix and create snow it has time to freeze longer since its high in the air about 20' or 30' compared to a foot or so off the gound which means it makes more "natural snow". Which is another drawback, snow gets carried away in the wind.

Some models of an HKD, note HKD is a registered TM of Snow Economics, but an HKD is a tower bascially a tower gun with multiple nozzles, its just a bunch of patent issues. Anyway models like the Ratnik, are able to run airless at 10

yea i really dont care about blue i dont really like it and shawnees park is better

i think u should check out blue this year they have done alot of things to both sidewinder and terrian run.

The biggest question is if cb will open dec 3rd :yes

who cares about cb :nana

i thought that, airless snowmaking was not possible. hench why a plain pw doesn't work.

As of now airless snow making is impossiple (or very close to it) for home snowmaking. (with the exception of really cold temps.) Resorts have some airless guns, but they're not very efficent and also need very cold temps.

Skifreak, are the HKD gus basicly combo guns with more nozzles? Also you should copy that post to the snowmakink FAQ, It's very informative.