Philly Area Snowbard/Ski Club

Justin

As you all know, I am from Philly, and it isn't the closest to the slopes....

So I was wondering if anyone is interested in starting a philly area carpool/club thing.

Basically the deal is that each weekend somebody drives. We have a schedule....Like one week I'll provide, the next somebody else, etc.

The day is Sunday...everybody is usually off and besides most places aren't as crowded on Sunday.

There is no set place, just wherever we feel like going, or where we could get a ride to.

This sunday I am going up to blue. I've got two seats left in the car (I am not driving though). So far, including myself, there are two snowboarders going. The car is a Toyota Camry, with seating for four passengers and a pretty big trunk. I can fit two snowboards in there, and I am sure two more would fit. Skis would probably fit two, but I think we are investing in some type of rack.

So, post if interested.

Hi Justin,

You came to the right spot. We had as many as 15 Pasr member just last weekend all getting together at Blue - 2 weeks prior to that, we at least 10 members at Belleayre.

I would encourage you to check out the PASR calendar and come with friends on those days, to those mountains. As you know we are a young organization. Soon we will be a full fledged club representing the PA mountains - rather than a ski club that is exclusionary to younger generations and families.

I am also in the philly area, and i wouldn't mind doing that but until i get my new job sundays won't work for me. I'm stuck working 12-5 every sunday until i quit my job, and find a new one. I don't mind driving, the hour and a half drive to blue doesn't bother me, as i do it a few times a week.

Anyway, keep in contact, and ill let you know when i can finally make sunday trips.

Edited by Switch096

Soon we will be a full fledged club representing the PA mountains - rather than a ski club that is exclusionary to younger generations and families.

kinda like the oppsite of the king of prussa ski club. They complane they dont have any members but they wont let me or some of my freinds in b/c were to young. Most ski clubs are more about parting now then the skiing/boarding itself. I love this place.

I was looking through some ski club trips and they are super expensive because they usually stay in slope-side condos. The weekend trips to VT were like 400 dollars and the out west trips were way over 1100 dollars and for only 5 days of skiing. It would be awesome to have enough interest by spring time to get a full busload of PASRs up to Vermont, maybe rent out a whole house. Skiers in their 10s, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and geezers would all be welcome. Hopefully there would be a micro-phone on the bus for an all out freestyle rap battle.

that would be cool. except for the freestyle rap battle. i think you would win hands down.

Sundays aren't the restriction. Basically anytime on the weekend is cool.

As of right now, saturday nights are the best for me. I really gotta find a new job so i don't have to work every weekend, doing it for 6 months straights sucks.

kinda like the oppsite of the king of prussa ski club. They complane they dont have any members but they wont let me or some of my freinds in b/c were to young. Most ski clubs are more about parting now then the skiing/boarding itself. I love this place.

Exactly! They wonder why they lose members...

Edited by Papasteeze

I was looking through some ski club trips and they are super expensive because they usually stay in slope-side condos. The weekend trips to VT were like 400 dollars and the out west trips were way over 1100 dollars and for only 5 days of skiing. It would be awesome to have enough interest by spring time to get a full busload of PASRs up to Vermont, maybe rent out a whole house. Skiers in their 10s, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and geezers would all be welcome. Hopefully there would be a micro-phone on the bus for an all out freestyle rap battle.

My highschool would go on one trip a year to vermont for around $300-400. first year sugarbush,second stowe/sugarbush,third killington/okemo,and last year was smuggs. We stayed in a ski in-ski out condo. It was a fun time because all of the guys stayed in one condo, all the girls in another. Smuggs was a good time with fun glades, but i hate the stupid hour long double lift ride to the top.

Something came up, and I can't get a ride back on either saturday or sunday.

Is there anyone is going up those days and is from my area that wouldn't mind giving me a ride and two other people back? The two other people don't have any equipment (they are renting).

Edited by justin

• 2 years later...

I'm always down to car pool with other people and meet up in the Philly area.

I prefer to go to Big Boulder and hit the parks with the same people carpooling.

I also prefer to throw in cash for gas and tolls and go in someone else's ride.

But, I can drive if necessary and I'm willing to consider other mountains.

Side Note to thread starter:

I was in this forum checking out the KOP Jackson Hole trip thread and saw this topic again.

This thread started by YOU is the reason I PM'd you in the first place.

As you all know, I am from Philly, and it isn't the closest to the slopes....

So I was wondering if anyone is interested in starting a philly area carpool/club thing.

Basically the deal is that each weekend somebody drives. We have a schedule....Like one week I'll provide, the next somebody else, etc.

The day is Sunday...everybody is usually off and besides most places aren't as crowded on Sunday.

There is no set place, just wherever we feel like going, or where we could get a ride to.

This sunday I am going up to blue. I've got two seats left in the car (I am not driving though). So far, including myself, there are two snowboarders going. The car is a Toyota Camry, with seating for four passengers and a pretty big trunk. I can fit two snowboards in there, and I am sure two more would fit. Skis would probably fit two, but I think we are investing in some type of rack.

So, post if interested.