New Board!!

Justin

Just placed my order for a Burton Dominant in 146...really looking forward to riding this board. Merry Christmas to me :D

My old Gnu was on its way out, and I decided why not now. The Dominant looks REAL nice.....and I know there are some people on here that have one...how do they ride? Is their lots of pop? How does it feel? How does it do on rails, jumps, etc.? All I ride is park pretty much, thats why I got it.

Just placed my order for a Burton Dominant in 146...really looking forward to riding this board. Merry Christmas to me :D

My old Gnu was on its way out, and I decided why not now. The Dominant looks REAL nice.....and I know there are some people on here that have one...how do they ride? Is their lots of pop? How does it feel? How does it do on rails, jumps, etc.? All I ride is park pretty much, thats why I got it.

hahaha sick i have a Dominant 146.. and let you tell you i love it to death.. i didnt even throw a stomp pad on it my foot just sticks to the leather on top.. and like jib said.. its got good pop but unlike him ive been riding it on my rail in my yard and up at cb and its sick.. i love it to death your gonna be happy with it

How are the edges are it? Do they come with a 90 degree bevel all around?

I was thinking about de-tuning the nose and tail outside edges (just the part that sticks out), and putting an 88 degree bevel on the rest of the edges, like I've done with pretty much every board I've had.....

How are the edges are it? Do they come with a 90 degree bevel all around?

I was thinking about de-tuning the nose and tail outside edges (just the part that sticks out), and putting an 88 degree bevel on the rest of the edges, like I've done with pretty much every board I've had.....

I just completely de-tune around my nose and tail. you hold your board on a wall, and mark where the edge makes contact on both sides, tip and tail. then you detune around the nose, from point to point, same thing for the tail. The edges around the nose and tail, aren't there for anything but structural integrity. That's how I do it, but there may be a better way. Ask one of the tuning gurus, or flip around tognar's site.

when the board comes or if you check another dom, look inside the "suggested stance" triangle. it should tell you the degrees of the factory base and side bevels and the detuning. i just sent my x back to burton and they tuned it up 1 on the base and 1 on the side. the dom is likely a more mellow set up, possibly already with the bevel you want (im not sure if you want 2 side, 0 base; 0 base, 2 side; or 1 and 1. 0 side, 2 base seems to be a possibility). if the bevel is wrong, the side or the base might be right and could save you some tuning time. burtons come detuned around the tip kicks and past the contact points a certain amount. youll be fine without your own detuning unless you need even more dulling or if you are dulling between the contact points.

On my board, i did something like, 2 degrees base bevel, 0 degrees side edge. Skitzo, what happened with your board? I remember you had to send it to burton for replacement or something? You were worried about impact damage- Turns out that my board was impact damage (which i pretty much knew), and revolution was cool enough to just fix it and send it back my way (great customer service). Just waiting for it now.

i was quite foolish and eager to send and sent it back because i thought the edge cracked and i would very, very likely get a new 06 x. the edge was actually fine, but they said, since i took the time to send it, they tuned it up with the illest tune machine on the earth, moto man (yes, the fully automated, robotic, complete tune machine has a name). im actually quite happy because i get to keep the nice smooth board (and sticker job!) i love in virtually brand new condition and i get to ride a truly factory fresh waxing (boards are pressed long before they hit the snow and are already dried out).

im actually very happy i got to keep my old board, but this doesnt mean im not accepting donations of a 2006 x though, haha.

Edited by skitzo