Important: Closing Date

skidude

I am about 99% possitive that AT THE LATEST they will close at 3/20/04. In the CAT room there was a memo from Joe Amato (dirrector of ski school) saying basicly that we need to have all of our crap out of the room by that date. Which means everyone is done then :banghead

Actually Skidudeski, I've seen the "memo", too. It does talk about CAT team stuff and removing it, but it doesn't have anything to do with the ski area closing.... What it does have to do with is construction that will be taking place inside the annex building where the CAT team is located. That construction is slated to begin in the building on 3/22, regardless of whether or not the ski area is open.

Dave K

Camelback

Da :werd from Dave K. I still say they are closing then :(

They know when they are closing. They've had a date set for weeks. It's just their bullshit little game they feel it's necessary to play. If you ask Dave K straight up, he'll lie right to your face. I wouldn't even bother asking...

Here is your answer in a little more detail ; given to me by a lovely fulltime employee summer and winter .. The same story came from three other people that work there fulltime. I would like to give the names of the people that told me but im not to spare them any trouble.

CB started laying off employees today and another group will be laided of next week (instructors) First Aid and the o so favorate rangers will also start to disapear :cry:

The Camel Top employees last day was sunday. There will be no snow made all hoses and equipment is being put away.... Grooming of trail will be done only on a really need to bases.

HERE IT IS DRUM ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M A R C H

twenty first is the target close date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jeez, if only it had been cold enough to build up some stock-piled man made to have us skiing into April's sunshine...oh, wait, it was butt-cold all f*king winter. Oh, well, gotta watch the bottom line when eight CB Board members each draw over $100,000 for VERY part time work.

Jeez, if only it had been cold enough to build up some stock-piled man made to have us skiing into April's sunshine...oh, wait, it was butt-cold all f*king winter. Oh, well, gotta watch the bottom line when eight CB Board members each draw over $100,000 for VERY part time work.

guess what awesome mountain built up 20 foot mounds of stockpilied snow? o thats right, blue did! :P

I say they are closed or almost closed (very few trails lots of Bare spots) when I get back from Utah. :o Jeff 20 foot piles (yes I saw them blowing them) are very big but on a mountain there not going to do a whole lot...Yeah it will help a lot with a couple trails but 25 or w/e blue says they have? Come on now you know that won't help them for long. Mean while CB is just lazy and cheap as sh*t.

The difference is that Blue is making an effort to stay open as long as possible. CB could care less, because the earlier it melts, the more time they have to build c'beach. It sucks but that's how it is. One more reason I'll have a Blue SP next year.

they use it because they can't predict a terrible march like this. they had no idea, so they made as much as possible in order to stay as long as possible. if it dosen't do much, then so be it. at least they did what they could to keep open. unlike CB who just says "well fuck it, if we close it just makes getting cbeach open easier". thats why it is the thought that counts. its the fact that Blue is run by skiiers and not investors. so they do everything they can to stay open.

• 2 weeks later...