A Ranger Is A Ranger

Ski

Apparently, it doesn't matter what mountain...

So I took my 3-year-old with me to Montage, where she hung with friends while I took three quick NASTAR runs. Afterwards, I was skiing with her and just cruising around. By 1pm, there were too many people, so I took her down the semi-black diamond you have to use to take the lift up to the mid-mountain parking lot; I park pretty much right next to where the lift dumps people on the North Face.

So anyway, we get to a pretty steep headwall and I'm holding the handle of her harness as she's skiing next to me, but there are too many out of control "bus people", so I reach down and pick her up and make four fast GS turns to the flats. I use the Apple-Rise learning system gear, so it's not like she's skiing between my legs.

A Ranger skis up to me and says, "If she can't ski it, then she doesn't belong here. You can't pick her up. Get her off this slope!"

Nice.

So I reply, "No shit, Buddy. There's 500 people that don't belong here and you're yelling at me. She does fine on this slope without the hords, but it's safer for me to get her down to the lift quickly. We're leaving for the day."

But he feels he hasn't convinced me of his superior knowledge, yet.

"It's too dangerous to have a small child over here. It's reckless," he says.

"No, shit! I'm trying to get to the lift to leave, okay? Relax."

"Just get her out of here, now!"

Fuckhead.

So my kid skis down to the lift next to me and we get on with friends and we're done. I'm about to click out, when the Ranger gets off the lift with HIS family of four and heads toward a double black diamond.

"Watch the baby," I say, as I turn to follow this little Ranger family, as they head to Cannonball, where the Ranger skis down about 20 yards, then turns to watch his 13-year-old daughter SNOWPLOW down a double-black, without a HELMET, arms and poles flailing, completely out of control.

I skied down to the Ranger and asked if he understood the hypocracy of this situation.

I hate Rangers. I just hate them.

My daughter learned a new word today: "Dipshit."

Montage Ranger at Montage. They even wear the same coats. And I knew it was dangerous, but I was surprised by how many novice skiers were bombing down our "exit" slope. It was just safer to get her the hell out of there. Fine, he can say what he has to say to me, but I told him I already knew. We were leaving. But he had to KEEP repeating it. Then he led his bunny skiing daughter down a double-black. She was rolling down the windows the entire slope in her pizza wedge. And no helmet.

well i dunno if i told ya, but a few days prior to hitting that girl, some little kid hit me on burma (big turns with a "run out" area), he was well in front of me, he went wide, i made the turn on the inside, he comes shootin back fromt he runout, and hits me, i try to get him off my tomics, so i push him, but i fall this time, and he keeps on skiing....i let him and his mom have it once i caught back up

so thats 2 kids this year :P

It is bad enough that the Prick thinks he has the authority to tell you how to ski - but when he crosses the line and begins to preach on parenting that is beyond arrogant. Does he think for one moment that he cares more about the safety of your child than you do? I guess he answered that question by not properly instructing his own child before letting her out on the slopes.

How could you stand to watch the hypocrite make that run? You have more self control then I could imagine. You must have been burning up.

Ha! I skied up to him and asked him if he recognized the hypocracy. I was inviting him to take it up a notch, but he decided he didn't want to.

Skidude: are you and Atomic about to come to blows? Jeez, you two sure sound like it.

Ha :werd I will help you and Im sure there is a lot of other people who will join in. Anyway I was thinking you know how many fights this board has seen in its life time? NONE, ZERO< ZILTCH< ZIPPO ect ect ect :P

We gotta do something about that.