BINDING SETUP

SMGura

What is a good binding setup? I know everyone is different but Im looking for a good starting point. Right now I am setup at +21/+6. After I get about 4 runs in, my front calf starts to burn/stress, like Im trying to twist it or something. This is probly the dumbest question, but I can seem to solve the problem.

Edited by SMGura

thats probably just because of your highbacks. it should go away when you get better conditioned. if the pain was in your knee it might be from twisitng. to cover everytihng, including twisting, you should:

- lift

- try 15, 0

- maybe get lower, more padded highbacks

0,0 is the only way to go.

:rolleyes:

You can fell if you are twisting your by where the pressure is on your feet. If the out side of your foot it pushed against the edge of your boot, you need to increase your binding angle a little. If its the inside decrease a little. If neither you're probobly fine... unless you want to force a certain stance for one reason or another. I go for comfort.

As skitzo mentioned, it might be your high back, although, you will notice it digging into your calf. If thats not the issue it may be something else like technique or lack of conditioning. It's hard to say without seeing/feeling whats going on.

I think for the average recreational trail rider, 15 - 0 is the "starting point." 15-15 if you do alot of switch riding. I think my setup is something like 25-15, I don't really play with it that much though.

Thanks for your help an info... I guess I sort of explained it wrong.. its not really my calf, and def not from lack of conditioning.... Its like Im pushing my front foot against the binding. I readjusted my bindings again. Some how my stance was at about 18 1/2 inches apart. Thanks again for all your help!

Edited by SMGura

Thanks for your help an info... I guess I sort of explained it wrong.. its not really my calm, and def not from lack of conditioning.... Its like Im pushing my front foot against the binding. I readjusted my bindings again. Some how my stance was at about 18 1/2 inches apart. Thanks again for all your help!

where are you measuring from for your stance width?

As far as I know a 15 -13 stance is either impossible or you have some strange binding plates. Most plates only change in increments of 3 degrees.

some people say that the arrow doesnt match up with the line exactly or something silly like that. i have 15, -12 out like im gun slangin too.

:rolleyes:

You can fell if you are twisting your by where the pressure is on your feet. If the out side of your foot it pushed against the edge of your boot, you need to increase your binding angle a little. If its the inside decrease a little. If neither you're probobly fine... unless you want to force a certain stance for one reason or another. I go for comfort.

As skitzo mentioned, it might be your high back, although, you will notice it digging into your calf. If thats not the issue it may be something else like technique or lack of conditioning. It's hard to say without seeing/feeling whats going on.

I think for the average recreational trail rider, 15 - 0 is the "starting point." 15-15 if you do alot of switch riding. I think my setup is something like 25-15, I don't really play with it that much though.

i thought 0,0 was centered idn when i mount my bindings i just put the zeros where the 15s are supposta go but i just mean centered is nice and its the only thing i ride.

I ride Duck. 15(front) -15(back)

wow 25 in the front thats too far thats deff why your shins hurt i ride 15 -15 .... my stance is the same as about 90 percent of the pros out. anything above 18 is a little to duck but what ever u like dude

15,-15, and my bindings are centered on my board. I have no clue how to measure stance width. Is it from the inside edges of your bindings, or outside , or the center?