12/25 Report

Justin

Rode JF today, from 11 till about 1:30.

Snow was ok, a bit hard in some spots, but was pretty decent overall. It started pouring raining at about 1, which really sucked....

Tobyhanna Terrain run was pretty nice. They only had some jibs set up, no jumps or anything....

They had:

Long flat rail

Flat Down rail

Rainbow rail

Some curvy box thing

Trap Box

Rainbow Box

The other "terrain run" was just ok. They had:

Pretty big rainbow box

Flat rail

Flat Down box

Some weird jump that really didn't make too much sense...

Overall, it was pretty fun. That flat rail in Tobyhanna was real nice. I hiked that most of the day.

Also, the rain effected the boxes a whole lot. Went for a 270 BSLS on the trap box, and completely died. Slipped off the side, smacked my head, and really screwed up my leg.

That sucks man.. Thanks for the report! keep them coming. Ridge, Nipples and I will be up to JFBB on Tuesday.

I was at JF on Thurs., Fri., and Sat. and I thought the conditions were really good. The snow didn't get real loose, even though the temps got into the mid 40's on Sat. JF always seems to have good snow, probably due to it sitting down inside of the mountain and the elevation being so high. It also seems to be able to withstand the rain. They have most of the mountain open and a rep. even said that this is the most they've had open, so early. I just hope that the cold weather comes back. It would suck if it turned out to be a warm winter, and we were only being teased early.

• 2 months later...