Butter Wallride in Rhodo

Shadows

so, when we all heard about the new wall, it was great, for the most part, we were all happy and excited. I even liked it. Some people said it should be on an angle, and i disagreed with them.

now that we've all seen it/hit it, its not looking to good, the tranny is never that great, and if it is, doesnt stay like that for long. Plus, some people were right, it should be on an angle.

if somehow, they could re-construct the current wall to an angled posture, it would work out alot better.

with the wall at an angle, not only would it be more fun to hit, the tranny could stay in better condition, and even if it got bad, it wouldnt be any where near as bad as if the wall was at a 90 degree angle.

for example:

snow_summit_wallride_1.jpg

daily20050124_290.jpg

i dont know, i liked the idea of a 90 degree wall, but now that ive hit it and have seen how the park crew/groomers handle the tranny, its not looking to good.

I highly doubt they will change this, but i would like to see it happen.

what do you guys think?

keep it the way it is?

change it to an angle?

and for the record, if they could keep the tranny in good condition, the way the wall is now would be great, but they cant.

and yes, i know how much time that would take, and how much traffic hits the wall, so it would be nearly impossible, but who knows.

I re-posted this from CB's site. just wondering what everyone thought.

this one is a little drastic (sp?), but you get the idea

wallride2.jpg

Edited by Shadows

I wonder if the tranny will stay in better shape once we get some better snow. The stuff we have now really isn't good for holding its shape. It should also get better once there are not a ton of people riding up and scraping the tranny off because they don't know what they are doing. I haven't hit it much but I think it is fine the way it is. If they were going to change it, it is installed on large posts in the ground so they wouldn't be able to change it until next year.

That last "Wallride" is pretty retarded, why even bother?

It's not a wallride at all. It's a hip with a box across the top, the side of the hip is a wallride. It guess its supposed to be like a massive funbox or something?!?!? Can't remember where but it's in a video.

It's not a wallride at all. It's a hip with a box across the top, the side of the hip is a wallride. It guess its supposed to be like a massive funbox or something?!?!? Can't remember where but it's in a video.

i know its in the movie Burton Process: 3.. its in shaun white's part and some chicks as well.. maybe Kelly Clark.. not sure though

i agree the wall should be on a sligh angle

perpendicular is the way to do it, thats how most of them are. its going to be really hard to maintain though, that just comes with the territory. mountain creek closes their's everyday around 3 becuase its a death trap after about 1. the only way to groom it is with a cat too, you'll never work it out by hand. its just one of those features, at least camelback doesn't have hte wall stopping short like creek where you end up over vert under the tranny, but still, it craters

I just got into wallrides this year at blue. Straight up seems ok, but it's gotta suck up a lot of your speed. Blue has the wallride in the lower park set up perfectly, at an angle. They should definitely change it- but i have serious doubts on that happening anytime soon.

That last semi-wallride would be more fun than any of the other wallrides. The possiblities on that one are endless, especially with the downbox on the side of it. Stalls, grinds, spins and gaps could all work on that, it would be amazing. I can't believe you guys would bash that, haha.

^its just like any other obstacle at any terrain park. you can use it a certain way that will get you totally screwed up. like a tree. do you stall it, or hit it with your stomach? two very different uses, one outcome better than the other.

if they put it on an angle and worry about people gettin hurt, then they might as well just forget about any other feature in the park.