Oakley rail jam

nick

Does anyone know anyhting about this oakley rail jam up at jack frost? I heard from the guy at mike and matts board shop up there that your gonna have to drop in off of a roll in ( like scaffolding set up) and hit like a really high box or something crazy. I bet theres gonna be insane competition considering the like 2000 dollar first prize purse. Does anyone know if theres any truth behind this and what the box is gonna be like or something?

Does anyone know anyhting about this oakley rail jam up at jack frost? I heard from the guy at mike and matts board shop up there that your gonna have to drop in off of a roll in ( like scaffolding set up) and hit like a really high box or something crazy. I bet theres gonna be insane competition considering the like 2000 dollar first prize purse. Does anyone know if theres any truth behind this and what the box is gonna be like or something?
]

i was talkign with some of my friends about it today too. there is definately truth behind it.... for some reason i want to say that its feb 12th?? or sometime around there....

haha thanks for the intro..but i'm not that great...

you can def. ski better switch then i ever can haha.. just the other night i tried to tail butter back to regular when i was going at max speed switch, that didnt work to well, i ended up making it about 90 around and knocked myself out after my edges caught =)

haha thanks... i love skiing switch......i was hooked after mike nick came and went switch down thunderbolt and i was like man!! i gotta do that. and by the way-dear god!!! that sounds a bit violent!! i cant say i've ever knocked myself out doing skiing switch...caught many edges and looked really stupid when i crashed and hurt a lot, though...and i hit my head on a rail once...that kinda hurt...a lot...

Edited by megan.

Oakley Pro Riders Erik and Bjorn Leines on hand for poster signing session

Pocono Rail Jam -

$5000 Cash Purse

Saturday, February 11

Pre-register at www.snowboardseries.com ($50)

Register onsite 10-noon ($60)

Practice noon-1pm

Qualifiers at 1pm-3pm

Finals 4pm

Movie Showing on Snow

"The Community Project"

thats all it says on the website and the link it gives is no help...but i'm sure you all have figured that out by now...

Edited by megan.

Oakley Pro Riders Erik and Bjorn Leines on hand for poster signing session

Pocono Rail Jam -

$5000 Cash Purse

Saturday, February 11

Pre-register at www.snowboardseries.com ($50)

Register onsite 10-noon ($60)

Practice noon-1pm

Qualifiers at 1pm-3pm

Finals 4pm

Movie Showing on Snow

"The Community Project"

thats all it says on the website and the link it gives is no help...but i'm sure you all have figured that out by now...

50 bucks? thats a bit steep, ill have to think twice about this comp.. but the purse is def a nice prize if u know u can take it..

Is this jam only open to professionals? because on the mass website it says theres gonna be 2 classes, amateur( i think 12 and under it means ) and professional. If anybody else wants to check it out its www.snowboardseries.com

check it out!!! its gonna be ANNUAL!!!! no way i could do it this year..but next year p'raps i'll try haha not that i'd win anything at ALL... anyways...i'm DEFINITELY gonna be there though. i wonder if any pro skiers are gonna show up...that'd be sweet.

Edited by megan.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

The Oakley Pocono Rail Jam has been moved to Big Boulder (Jack Frost's sister resort) due to lack of snow. With no snowmaking temperatures in the forecast, We are moving the Oakley Pocono Rail Jam to Big Boulder where there is ample amounts of snow to build a world class Feature for our contest. Registration times and event schedule remain the same.

We were at BB on Sunday 1/28 and surprised by the amount of base there. The new owners and new guns definitly pumped it out. Under the radar.... check em out!

ugh..believe me. i dont have ANYTHING against boulder...their park is sweet...but cant jf hold a comp for once?! i understand this comp since there's no snow right now, but i dont think i ever remember having one in the past...

oh well...i'll probly still be there...and it'll be sweet..

ps. i think winter's coming back next week...

Edited by megan.