Nipples Freestyle Competition Training

Papasteeze

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post.

I thought I kinda came off like a dick, but whatever. By the time I was 8 years old, I was warming up the car for my parents so that I could make it to weigh-ins. I don't think I've EVER had more than 6% body fat. I dunno... I just hate losing, even when I was like 6-7-8 years old. Who the hell wants to just be GOOD at something? Coming in second isn't "Steeze" it's CHEESE.

I used to have a saying when wrestling: "If you haven't seen the lights, you haven't wrestled me."

Your opponents are going to be out to kick your ass, in sports and in real life. This is way larger than a 12 year old not wanting to do some gate training. It's a life lesson. If you want anything in life, you will have to do some kind of bullshit to get there.

Want money? Get a job. Wanna win at skiing? Practice harder, longer, better than your opponent.

Learning to half-ass it at 12 would be the worst lesson to learn at that dudes age. Learning that nothing comes easy is a good one to learn now. Nothing worth anything comes easy in this life. People who are content to be "average" bug the hell out of me. I just wanna pick them up and shake them and be like "have some respect for yourself!!!!"

I bet with the right amount of pressure, he'll keep up his normal pace... probably when he hits like 15ish, he's gonna start REALLY pushing himself. That or he'll quit altogether. Champions don't need to be pushed. They go on their own, but they DEFINATELY need to be steered in the right direction.

P-Steeze , how did he place?

I didn't manage to spot you guys over the weekend, though the area around Bear was a zoo (complete with a tiger :blink: ) so it wasn't really a surprise, even with your "mid-life crisis" jacket.

I saw the night time event, very cool, though it looked liked Steven had a bad run. Some of the kids were amazing, though alot seemed to have trouble with the landing.

Let us know how he did.

:confused Zalesky? Is that a wrestler or something? Or the actual name of Assassin?

Iowa wrestling is like Austrian academy ski racing. It's live and breathe; life and death...Jim Zalesky took over for Dan Gable as coach of the Iowa program. They are the two greatest coaches in the history of any sport, IMHO. The Bodes of this world would not be welcomed to wipe down their mats or fill their water bottles.

:rock:rock:rock

Thanks Assassin, true words spoken. Thanks for taking the time to memorialize something I have been trying to say... I think he did very well - he didn't make it into the final team of 25 with Billy.

Saturday night big air and fire was an awesome event. He landed his first seven but knuckled his 900 and exploded everything into a huge yardsale. It should make for great clip with some after show fireworks edited in.

I ran into a road block tonight with downloading the video onto this computer. It seems the camera needs propietary software from Canon and I can't find it on thier website :(

BTW staff, if you are going to edit my post in response to sarcastic comments from Doug..... then say so in the edit.. I love how you guys were all about freedom of speech.

I saw the night time event, very cool, though it looked liked Steven had a bad run. Some of the kids were amazing, though alot seemed to have trouble with the landing.

He placed somewhere between 26th and 50th - BTW 100 skiers and 50 snowboarders from 90 resorts. I met a lot of great families really dedicated to the park scene. Steven is beat up from the weekend. I'll post a picture of the team of 25 soon. Funny picture with all the battle wounds. Tough sport.. lots of kids hauled off on sleds... :blink:

Edited by Papasteeze

COuld one of you editors delete this post and Dougs post above? Thanks

Yea, I know I came off like a huge dick... yardsale or not, I'd like to see it... I also work for canon.. lemme know what specific plugin you are looking for(pm if need be) and I'll get your ass sorted out.

I thought I saw you there today, actually(camelback)

never met you, but after the CB MB drama, it needs to happen.

He placed somewhere between 26th and 50th - BTW 100 skiers and 50 snowboarders from 90 resorts. I met a lot of great families really dedicated to the park scene. Steven is beat up from the weekend. I'll post a picture of the team of 25 soon. Funny picture with all the battle wounds. Tough sport.. lots of kids hauled off on sleds... :blink:

Glad to hear he is OK, I saw a couple of the other riders go down really hard, that was a monster jump/landing they had for the night comp. It's a shame I missed his first run.

Wherever he placed, congrat's to him for having the skillz to get there in the first place, it was almost unbelievable that the kids in that event were so young.

I was there with my boss and some others from work, it seemed a little odd shouting "Go Nipples" under the circumstances.... :unsure:

Yea, I know I came off like a huge dick... yardsale or not, I'd like to see it... I also work for canon.. lemme know what specific plugin you are looking for(pm if need be) and I'll get your ass sorted out.

I thought I saw you there today, actually(camelback)

never met you, but after the CB MB drama, it needs to happen.

You didn't come off as a dick to me. I can read and see the points not just the superlatives like some others on here. I have the optura30 - I pm'd you, thanks! The boys and I will be at CB next saturday. we were at bear yesterday.

Glad to hear he is OK, I saw a couple of the other riders go down really hard, that was a monster jump/landing they had for the night comp. It's a shame I missed his first run.

Wherever he placed, congrat's to him for having the skillz to get there in the first place, it was almost unbelievable that the kids in that event were so young.

I was there with my boss and some others from work, it seemed a little odd shouting "Go Nipples" under the circumstances.... :unsure:

It is amazing that those kids are all 13 and younger, nipples is 12. The progression of the sport is amazing. Skiers outnumbered riders 2 to 1, not sure if it means anything other than how those kids are rated in the qualifying comps. He landed a 7 in his first hit, nothing corked or huge, but he did do it. By the way the kids had to pre-qualify to hit that jump. That particular part of the comp did not count towards the final standings.

That sounds awesome, how much did the competition cost? Did Nipples do well in the interview part?

Nothing, Whitetail sent him and a guardian (me :lol ) almost all expense paid. I paid for a few meals. I think he did well supporting and cheering on the others. There did not appear to be a formal interview, however there were 9 separate events he competed in, so personality definitly comes out.

I think a couple of the kids made the team since they were young (10 years old) and more "quirky" not because of mad talent. there were girls who made the team and some snow boarders along with some repeats from last year. There were only a few spots left for new skiers when all things were considered.