Terrain Park Poll part 2

BC-Mark

Questions part 2  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a Park Only Season Pass?

• $90
    • $100
    • $110
    • $120
    • $130
    • $140
    • $150+
  2. 2. How much would you pay for a Park Only Lift Ticket?

• $20
    • $25
    • $30+
  3. 3. Would a super pipe influence your family's decision on where to ride?

• Yes
    • No

for the season pass, i voted 100 bucks mainly because BC is so small and i would want to go ride the small trails you have every now and then.

park only lift ticket, i said 20, not sure what an all day ticket costs now, but it cant be more than 40 or so. i figured 20 would be half price, which is good for just the park.

and the super pipe would only influence my decision. theyre to old.

i wouldnt pay more than 120 for the park pass. although, i get a dependent pass from my dad so i suppose it doesnt really matter all that much, haha. but yeah. the last question is tricky because no, my parents could care less about a superpipe, but it would absolutely influence my decision of where to go.

I wouldn't buy a pass that limited me to only particular areas on a moutain as small as bc. On any given day the park goes through phases of good and bad. During a day at BC I'll often give the park a rest and let the park crew have some time to do their job while I make some turns on the other side of the mountain.

As far as the super pipe is concerned... it seems pipes aren't really in style right now. The only time they sell any lift tickets is when resorts host big time pipe comps. Right now people are more concerned about jumps and jibs.

I said $120 for the pass and $25 for the ticket. I assume the pass is with regard to 'regular rate'. I pay $160 now by buying as soon as they go on sale and do so with a few friends to get the best rate possible. I would put my riding time at well over 80% in the park, so not accessing the rest of the hill wouldn't be a big bother. The only time it might be a bummer is if I come up with someone from work or something and they don't do parks and are much less skilled putting them elsewhere at BC. Perhaps the reason I put the ticket vote higher is to balance the price-crowd ratio. If it were too cheap, there'll be a million people in the park. Good for business, bad for the local crew and general safety (it already gets a bit nutty when there's a good park crowd there).

We have a sketch of the proposed layout for the new park and changes to the existing park. The plan allows for one point of access for the super park and one point of access for the intermediate park and the creation of a beginner park. We will be implementing the beginner park in a few weeks to test out the concept. It will be located on riders left of the bottom of Kodiak and will consist of a few rollers, a few low rails and boxes and maybe a small tabletop. The new intermediate park will have one line that flows top to bottom and session areas on the left side of the park for riders that want to hike a feature. We plan on implementing designated hiking paths so people aren't walking up under a blind feature. I have spoken briefly about this with Andy and we may test a few of these areas this season if we get more snow.

We will have copies of the sketch to show at the next terrain park forum.

What day of the week and time works best for everyone?

Edited by BC-Mark

We have a sketch of the proposed layout for the new park and changes to the existing park. The plan allows for one point of access for the super park and one point of access for the intermediate park and the creation of a beginner park. We will be implementing the beginner park in a few weeks to test out the concept. It will be located on riders left of the bottom of Kodiak and will consist of a few rollers, a few low rails and boxes and maybe a small tabletop. The new intermediate park will have one line that flows top to bottom and session areas on the left side of the park for riders that want to hike a feature. We plan on implementing designated hiking paths so people aren't walking up under a blind feature. I have spoken briefly about this with Andy and we may test a few of these areas this season if we get more snow.

that intermediate park sounds great! having a flow line and a session area would be amazing.

mark i realized something... there is nothing at the beginning of teh parks that says the difficulty or anything it just has a tiny freestyle terrain sign... we should get huge signs at the enterence of each park that say experts only park and intermediate park... also a sign that says no rental equipent allowed in any freestyle terrain... this would be a great short term solution to the people who ski through the park... scary signs will make moms and their kids not go inside...

o wow i cant believe this topic already started... my bad guys

Chuck is working on some new signage for the park and we hope to have it up soon. We have also started playing the smart style video on a loop in the cafeteria every 5 minutes. We will be gating the parks and have better signage that will hopefully make people aware of the dangers of the park and the proper park etiquette if they do proceed.

The ideas about the beginner park sound great. I hope that those of us theorizing this will draw people to their correct skill level will see that happen. When are you trying to have the next park meeting? Personally any day really works, maybe not as late as last time if at all possible -- seemed a lot of the younger guys couldn't stay the whole time as it got later on a school night.

Guest jeenyus2690

the new ideas sound great! with three different levels hopefully it will keep the unexperienced people out of the bigger parks. i know that i see alot of very little kids that dont know what they are doing and cut people off. I know most of the little kids cant really understand this but their parents should and they should be saying lets go down another trail. If you have just a park pass you could use that double lift to serve the parks and gate off the other lift for the otherside of the mtn. also, to have a superpark like you had in the tubing run was crazy! keep up the good work.

i love bear and im really lookin forward to next year with the new parks, but really the only thing that could make bear better for controlling crowds is for god to at least double the verticle of the mountain, hopefully a beginner and intermediate park will help keep people from using the lead ins to rails as ramps, bear is alot of fun but honestly the only reason i ride there over blue is because of prices. maybe next year with alot more area devoted to parks itll help, but my dream is that bear creek turns into a resort like bear mountain and turns the whole mountain into a park. would anyone really miss the thirty second free riding runs?

I have a season pass to bear and ride there mainly because of the park. However, when I want a break I take some runs on the other side of the mountain. And I love Timberline cause no other mountain really has a boarder cross course like that.

blue does, but i dont know what timberline looks like.

eh timberline can be fun, but the 20 minutes lift rides for 40 seconds of riding are a pain, if we wanna get technical timberline is freestyle terrain too, but i know what youre sayin, i just dont know if there is any reasonable way to cut down the park crowds on as small a moutain as bear is without drastically increasing the number of hits, which would call for more runs, the popularity parks are now getting is tremendous, everyone who owns a snowboard wants to be a park rat, and alot of skiers are doin it too. i dont blame em cus its alot of fun, but i do miss the days when you could approach stuff at your own leisure without someone right up your rear, and to agree with what the thread was originally about the new stuff should help, i just dont know if itll be enough to handle what i think will be an even busier next couple of years

but i guess my veiw should be more people=more revenue=more improvements

• 1 month later...

If bear became a full on terrain only mountain I think they might see an initial drop in attendance and revenue but then it will come back in full force because people will leave the other mountains to ride a terrain only mountain.

Also will these tickets be open to the shop discount/rosters?

Edited by GNU_rider

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

no way, not 100 dollars are you crazy? what if people come to visit and want to go in the park, how are they supposed to know to bring 100 dollars for a park pass? 100 dollars is way too much, just make it 5-10 dollars lie mtn creek, paying 100 dollars would keep all of the little kids out of the park, but still, for visitors it would suck to go on a family trip or something and pay 100 dollars for a park pass to use just for one day