Time to start thinking about Summer Camps

Papasteeze

I'll be organinzing a group this year to Whistler B.C. - Steven and Ridge along with dozens of friends will be there about the same time. The Blue Mountain Race team will also be there on the glacier about the same time as B & C sessions and accepts limited racers from other teams.

Here is a current news letter from COC. Sounds like it is going to be Epic!!

Camp of Champions News - January

14 feet / 426cm of snow on the Glacier

We're getting new snow almost every day. We have received way over 350cm at the weather station and way over 420cm on the glacier. Unreal! This summer is going to rock. All the coaches have been going off, losing their minds in all the deep stuff. If you have never been to Whistler this year to go - winter or summer.

DRAFTING THE NEW COC PARK

Arena Snowparks, AKA Steve Petrie has been doing his mad snow scientist thing and drafting up designs for this summers park. It will be, without a shadow of doubt, our best park ever. With the 20% more terrain than in previous years the sheer amount of terrain at The Camp of Champions has compared to any other camp on earth is amazing. The amount of terrain at Camp of Champions is at least double what any other camp in Whistler has for you to snowboard or ski. Arena Snowparks has a lot more space for new rails, new jumps, new secret layout and design that we can't tell anyone about until you see it when you arrive. Register today to make sure you dont miss out.

Edited by Papasteeze

I'll be organinzing a group this year to Whistler B.C. - Steven and Ridge along with dozens of friends will be there about the same time. The Blue Mountain Race team will also be there on the glacier about the same time as B & C sessions and accepts limited racers from other teams.

Here is a current news letter from COC. Sounds like it is going to be Epic!!

Camp of Champions News - January

sounds great but how much money will that be to go? I think most kids would need their parents to pay (which mine won't) or you have to work all year to pay for one week. I wish there was one closer.

sounds great but how much money will that be to go? I think most kids would need their parents to pay (which mine won't) or you have to work all year to pay for one week. I wish there was one closer.

It is expensive... I won't hold back any punches on that.

Take a hard look at what all it includes.. http://www.campofchampions.com/parkcoachin...asp?vs=momentum

Here is the link to the pricing page.

http://www.campofchampions.com/datesprices/

Edited by Papasteeze

hmm i need to find out what the best camp to go to is...

i take it camp of champions is sweet cuz steven is the most insane kid i've ever seen for his age...

I shopped hard last year for 6 months. I feel strongly that COC is the best "quality" camp. I have nver heard a negative from anyone about it except it is the most expensive. I have heard negatives from parents about some of the others. I think all the camps serve to motivate you to more progression simply from the "atmosphere". Steven came home with tons of autographs from the various pros and tons of tips. He met other kids equally obsessed with the snow. Dollar for Dollar it offers a great value. Steven and his brother Ridge have been a ton of exotic places but they only talk about summer camp now.

Steven should be at BB on Sunday if he stays in one piece tomorrow at BC. He can tell you tons of stuff about COC.

Anyone wanna pay for me to go. It a good cause. LOL

Im broke. If neone ofered to pay for me to go id do it, but right now i have no money and my car just broke down on me and im not doing to well with money right now. Have fun this summer. Im expecting another hazing nipples video.

im going to coc camp b it looks like.... rob can you pm me with what airline you guys are taking up. im having a little trubble finding flights ariving in the times they want.

No worries!!! Northwest out of Newark New Jersey to Vancouver!! Last year there were at least 30 kids+ on the same non-stop flight!! I haven't booked flights yet. Ridge will likely be on the same glacier this year with the Blue ski team.

I shopped hard last year for 6 months. I feel strongly that COC is the best "quality" camp. I have nver heard a negative from anyone about it except it is the most expensive. I have heard negatives from parents about some of the others. I think all the camps serve to motivate you to more progression simply from the "atmosphere". Steven came home with tons of autographs from the various pros and tons of tips. He met other kids equally obsessed with the snow. Dollar for Dollar it offers a great value. Steven and his brother Ridge have been a ton of exotic places but they only talk about summer camp now.

Steven should be at BB on Sunday if he stays in one piece tomorrow at BC. He can tell you tons of stuff about COC.

man...i was at JF!!!!!!!

ARG

did you see jackie kling? she was over there yesterday...

you guys gotta come out to jf when our conditions get a tad bit better...

man...i was at JF!!!!!!!

ARG

did you see jackie kling? she was over there yesterday...

you guys gotta come out to jf when our conditions get a tad bit better...

Yeah we saw Jackie!! She is a pistol, a real fireball! Look for good things from her in the future. Sorry we missed you megan, I told steven you would be there too, oh well...... I doubt we will be over there in the near future. :( we are booked solid with trips and comps.

Yeah we saw Jackie!! She is a pistol, a real fireball! Look for good things from her in the future. Sorry we missed you megan, I told steven you would be there too, oh well...... I doubt we will be over there in the near future. :( we are booked solid with trips and comps.

awwwwwwwwww. man.

but isnt jackie insane?!!! ahh i have a hard time keeping up with her. and shes 11. or 12. i forget....

aww i wanted to see you guys!! next time, i spose. are you guys going to the oakley rail jam feb. 11? its gonna be shaweet!!!

tell steven good luck w/ all his upcoming comps, esp. the nextsnow thing. the jf freestyle team's rooting for him (or at least me & jackie are)

how's ridge? no word of him. does he race?

i spose. are you guys going to the oakley rail jam feb. 11? its gonna be shaweet!!!

tell steven good luck w/ all his upcoming comps, esp. the nextsnow thing. the jf freestyle team's rooting for him (or at least me & jackie are)

how's ridge? no word of him. does he race?

Thanks for the well wishes. BB and JF hold special place in Steven heart, he talks about them alot. This is Stevens year! Last year was Ridges, this year is a building year for him. He is doing really well as a first year J4 first ever racer in the USSA program. If he continues to race look for him to make a mark next year.

Not coaching, hopefully counseling. I'll let you guys know when I know 100% what job I've have this year.

Keep us posted!! Slim possibility that we will be out for the USASA Nationals in Tahoe end of March - are you going to be around then?

Keep us posted!! Slim possibility that we will be out for the USASA Nationals in Tahoe end of March - are you going to be around then?

Most likely.

I went to HCSC last summer and had tons of fun. Hopefully I'll be going again this summer, it looks like every session has one or two really good pros coming.

You should request me as your counselor :)

25 Year Record Snowfall for Whistler

We couldn't wait to tell you the good news. Whistler Blackcomb had record snowfall last month. More snow has fallen this January than during any January for 25 years. Check out WhistlerBlackcomb.com for even more details.

Whistler Blackcomb measure the snow about 1/2 way to 2/3rds of the way up the mountain and they have had 15 feet of fresh fall last month. Insane! Even better is there were a lot of days where there was even more snow on the glacier. This summer is going to rock. With this snowfall and still three months of winter left, the park is going to be off the hook.

See you soon

Ken, Steve and all the staff at The Camp of Champions

Mount hood (www.timerberlinelodge.com) and Whistler both have glaciers. (technacally Hood is a snowfield, because its not moving).

Anyway I have been to hood, which is like a big well, snowfield (sloped maybe 25 degrees), looks like a big rectangle with stuff coming off of it. It would be very dull to ski down if you were not either racing or doing some park stuff.

Depending when you get there in the summer, they have more or less snow...

• 2 weeks later...

This is the February update for Camp of Champions. There are a lot of Campers from our area headed to BC this summer. If you have ever dreamed about going to a summer camp, then this is the year. The snowfall totals to date will make this great Camp even better.

Of Special note: Aaron Muss 10 yrs old, close friend of Nipples and Ridge and a member of the PASR Nastar Team got honorable mention for his accomplishments at Mount Baker. Go AJ!!!!

THE INCREDIBLE SEASON

First was record snowfall for the month of January, then the Banked Slalom and now the Olympics. There were campers and coaches going off around the world. What an incredible season so far.

We have record snowfall in Whistler, with 15 feet of snow falling. The glacier got even more than that so when Arena Snowparks busts out all the equipment this summer to build the new expanded park, it?s going to be awesome. So much snow? So many ideas of what to build? you?ll just have to come up and check it out for yourself.

It?s going to be a summer to remember.

OUR DH MOUNTAIN BIKE CAMP WEBSITE IS FULLY LAUNCHED

The full site is up. Find out everything you need to know about the coolest new addition to Camp of Champions. Ride the sickest downhill bike park in the world with the usual fantastic Camp of Champions coaches showing you how it?s done. It?s going to be an amazing summer with snowboarding and skiing pushing the limits on the glacier and mountain biking pushing the limits on The Whistler Bike Park. Don?t miss it, sign up today.

DAKINE AND LEVEL GLOVES SUPPORT COC FOR SUMMER 2006

Two of our biggest sponsors throw down again for this summer. The limited edition COC Dakine backpacks and Level gloves are back for 06 in our demo room during camp. These signature items are only available during the 5 weeks of summer camp.

OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS

The Olympics were off the hook for campers ripping it up in Torino. Previous campers (from so far back I can?t even remember what year it was) Shaun White and Danny Kass take it all home after being coached by another ex camper, Ricky Bauer.

We are also really proud of previous camper Mercedes Nichol going to the games for Canada. While you are watching the games, one of the announcers, Tara Teigen, is our head coach. Go COC Olympians Go! You are going to hear some good Olympic stories when you come to camp this summer.

Mt. Baker Banked Slalom

The Mt. Baker Banked Slalom went down a couple weeks ago and it was amazing. Coaches and campers were ripping the hill to shreds. Coaches Rob Kingwill and Guy Duchesnes were third and second in Mens Pro.

Aaron Muss won the Next Generation class and stuck a nice cliff riding with DCP. Great work everyone.