Skiers Edge

sexkitten

OK, the skiers edge... Has anyone tried it? If so what did you think? If not, would you buy one if they weren't like $1,000.00? I am thinking I may get one, but don't want to waste my money. I really want to be able to ski for more than 5 hours without significant thigh burn. Just to let you know, before I get tons of responses saying to do squats, lunges, etc, I have a slight disability and my muscle structure is different then a normal person's. I am also the CFO of a company, which means that I cannot skip out of work like all you ski bums and hit the slopes 7 days a week. Thanks for the imput.

I almost got one over the summer - best time to buy!! Skidude and Skimom have one, however I don't know if they use it regularly. Excercise to ski not visa-versa, you are on the right track! Leg extensions, high reps, low weight really helps the most with quad burn.

Damn, this thing is going to cost me alot of money. I really want to out ski Bob next year and the Skiers Edge may be my only chance, since he is a lazy bum when it comes to exercise and will never touch the thing. FYI, the Skiers Edge is a piece of equipment that simulates the motion of skiing and uses resistance bands to help you strengthen your ski muscles.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the skiers edge... Has anyone tried it? If so what did you think? If not, would you buy one if they weren't like $1,000.00? I am thinking I may get one, but don't want to waste my money. I really want to be able to ski for more than 5 hours without significant thigh burn. Just to let you know, before I get tons of responses saying to do squats, lunges, etc, I have a slight disability and my muscle structure is different then a normal person's. I am also the CFO of a company, which means that I cannot skip out of work like all you ski bums and hit the slopes 7 days a week. Thanks for the imput.

I used one like over 10 years ago when they were still working the kinks out of the thing. From what I understand they are much better now. I would try to see if you could get one on Ebay or something because like you said they are way too expensive.

Although it beats the hell over hopping side to side over telephone books like I used to do.

I've been doing a million "weighted" lunges, squats & wall sits. It seems to have helped as the last few outings have been easier in the 4th & 5th hour of skiing. I would really like a Skiers Edge but it really hurts to shell out $1,000.00 when I could just buy a season pass to Blue and take a couple unpaid days to go there for the same amount of money. Thanks again for all of the imput. I guess I will decide in April if it is worth the $ or not.

• 1 month later...

I've been doing a million "weighted" lunges, squats & wall sits. It seems to have helped as the last few outings have been easier in the 4th & 5th hour of skiing. I would really like a Skiers Edge but it really hurts to shell out $1,000.00 when I could just buy a season pass to Blue and take a couple unpaid days to go there for the same amount of money. Thanks again for all of the imput. I guess I will decide in April if it is worth the $ or not.

Ebay is your friend :) No way I'd pay $1000. for one. $300 max. any more and you would be better served to take a trip out west.