Beat up skis...

skibum803

This season I decided to treat myself to the '06 K2 Pub Em's. They decided this year to change the material of the topsheet, and it wasn't such a good idea. I don't beat up my skis that bad, just bumps and jumps, and a little bit of rail, but the topsheet is getting destroyed, to the point where you can see wood. If my I send my skis back to K2, will they replace them no charge or what?

the old PE's got trashed too. any sidewall ski will get trashed. if you are skiing park, it happens, deal with it. they made the topsheet out of ptex for a reason, so go to your shop, pick up a ptex candle, and just fill in all the chips and whatnot. i've been using surfboard resin to fill in spots on my skis and that has worked well for me.

It's not from me beating them up, it's from them being made bad. I bought them at Top of the Slope, by the way. And yes the top sheet being destroyed is going to affect them because you can easily see wood, and the wood can't get damaged by water/snow. The old PE's never got this bad, though. I know a bunch of people with them.