Off Piste And On Piste In The Northern Rockies

sibhusky

yea, well, you dont have ICE like we go! beat that  :P

haha nice pics  :lol:  :wub:

Oh, yes, we do...ice in the AM, slush in the PM. If you can catch it right, there's about two hours of perfection. It was in the 60's today.

yea, well, you dont have ICE like we go! beat that  :P

haha nice pics  :lol:  :wub:

Oh, yes, we do...ice in the AM, slush in the PM. If you can catch it right, there's about two hours of perfection. It was in the 60's today.

yea, i was lookin at temps out west this week, cause i was debating flying out to SLC to maybe ski some alta then maybe head to PC to see if i can catch some dude of the ski races. When i saw the weather with temps in the 70s at Alta, i immediatly said NO WAY! The high today here is 38, probaly low-mid 30's up in the Poconos

How deep is your base depth now?

It varies, supposedly up to 87" at the summit, 46" at the base.

We've got $20 lift tickets starting 4/1, when part of the place closes so the grizzlies can wake up in peace.

(I hope they know they are supposed to sleep until then -- I was wondering what to do if I encounter one on this 3 mile trail that has a bunch of blind corners and some narrow spots.)

Edited by sibhusky

btw sib i never got to tell you i like the newst house pic in ur sig. that looks like a really nice place.

Thank you. It is still a "work in progress" -- not quite finished garage and kennels yet -- and need to do landscaping (we have just dirt under all that snow) -- and then we need to finish the basement. Basement = guest suite, play room, and ski tuning/work shop.

btw sib i never got to tell you i like the newst house pic in ur sig. that looks like a really nice place.

Thank you. It is still a "work in progress" -- not quite finished garage and kennels yet -- and need to do landscaping (we have just dirt under all that snow) -- and then we need to finish the basement. Basement = guest suite, play room, and ski tuning/work shop.

i'll help ya break in that guest suite sib :P

im sure we could arrange somethin ( :bimmer )

[quote

(I hope they know they are supposed to sleep until then -- I was wondering what to do if I encounter one on this 3 mile trail that has a bunch of blind corners and some narrow spots.) 

I've got a spray can of bear repellant in a holster on my belt when I'm in bear country. Of course, that's for our black and brown bears, not grizzlies. Probably won't work on something that would laugh at a shot gun blast between the eyes.

[quote

I've got a spray can of bear repellant in a holster on my belt when I'm in bear country. Of course, that's for our black and brown bears, not grizzlies. Probably won't work on something that would laugh at a shot gun blast between the eyes.

I've got bear spray as well, but I can't see me hooking it to my belt -- what if I fell? And, do you come to a stop, throw down the poles, unhook the can, and spray the bear? I think I am lunch by that time! Seems a choice between keep on going FAST or .... death?