Move the bumps back to Rocket

skidude

Well first I thought Asp would make the best bump run.

After skiing both as a bump run, I have to say Rocket had a much better line each time I skied it (even after the knocked it down, and let it bump again). I think thats because the Asp has that turn on it, so all the bumps are a little slanted. I think they should move the bumps back over to rocket, where its a straight line so the bumps come out better.

Or at the very least, knock them down before the r@*n and blow more snow, to try and get better rythm.

You mean you don't like the double fall line on Asp???

Actually I think the lines are better on the Asp. The only thing is that there is a killer line on the left side that takes you to a sick dropoff. It was marked with a bamboo pole until late on Sunday when it disappeared.

The bumps on Rocket didn't seem to have any really good lines at all to me. And the troughs were mostly just ice. At least the Asp has some snow in the troughs.

Haha I did like that drop off...Hit it going a little to the left was the best....But I couldn't for the life of me find any line on asp...I think they bumps will be nice as long as they blow every few days....They will get icey no matter what if they don't blow, just a matter of time.

Anyway, any bumps are better than no bumps

Hopefully our killer snowmaking crew will be dumping lots of snow on both trails.

Mad props to the snowmakers!!!!! They rule this year!!!!!!

I wonder how it would be if Marjie's got bumped up??

Hey! Anyone been on Hump since they opened it up?? I wonder how it is and how it's holding up.

That might be ok, but it might just be too skinny for both...Who knows they could always try it.

Ya think?? It may seem like it but I remember some trails at Stratton that were about the same width and they kept one side bumped and the other side groomed corderoy. (I know Stratton has like 10 times the terrain) They could have a strip along skiers left and keep the right side clear for the races.

If it was bumped then people wouldn't wonder why it's a double D at least. :devil:

With all this talk about moguls did anyone see the Olympics last night. Those bumps were perfect and they even marked them with pine boughs so they would stand out.

Hopefully our killer snowmaking crew will be dumping lots of snow on both trails.

Hey! Anyone been on Hump since they opened it up?? I wonder how it is and how it's holding up.

Not to rain on your parade. I think that all singificant snow making is almost done for the season. President's weekend is the last holiday they really care for. After that, what lasts, lasts and once the snow melts the mountain will be closed :(

Mad props to the snowmakers indeed!!

I skied hump on monday, and there was no hardpack on it, anywhere...Plus lots of nice stuff on the sides to play on.

Not to rain on your parade. I think that all singificant snow making is almost done for the season. President's weekend is the last holiday they really care for. After that, what lasts, lasts and once the snow melts the mountain will be closed :(

They are going to try to get the mountain nice friday night/saturday night for sunday (busyest day on a long weekend) and monday...After that snowmaking will probably slow down.

Well first I thought Asp would make the best bump run.

After skiing both as a bump run, I have to say Rocket had a much better line each time I skied it (even after the knocked it down, and let it bump again). I think thats because the Asp has that turn on it, so all the bumps are a little slanted. I think they should move the bumps back over to rocket, where its a straight line so the bumps come out better.

Or at the very least, knock them down before the r@*n and blow more snow, to try and get better rythm.

I think they should just blow snow every single day that it is cold enough and never groom anything.

Asp was really nice today. There were some really nice lines. It's to bad there were a lot of people.

Speaking of Asp they had the guns blasting from closing on Friday straight through until they opened it Sunday. I only got 1 run on it on Sunday and it was NICE!!!!! Later on it looked like there were some nice lines on it from the lift. Didn't see anyone on there that looked like they could ski them though. Looked like someone dumped a fish tank on the trail with all the flopping around going on.

Totally my opinion but the rest of the mountain held up pretty well too with all the traffic. There were the usual areas of boilerplate but the sides were nice.