Terrain Park Forum

Bear Creek PR

All Bear Creek park users are invited to join us to express your ideas for our terrain parks. Skier or snowboarder, beginner or expert, this is your time to be a part of the bear creek park building process. Join management, groomers, and park crew in an informal discussion on the progression of our parks. The forum will go down on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24 at 5pm. You can find the forum in the banquet hall, upstairs from the grille. Bear creek has always strived for rider driven parks and this is your chance to rise up and be heard.

See you there!

I wonder if there has been any behind the scenes progress on the turn-tubing proposal and the park pass debate. Clearly a stab has been made at the minipark suggestion. I know I've seen some features built based of drawings handed in last time (I know I saw 1-2 of mine). I have a short list of questions, hopefully their answers will be forthcoming.....

Guest jeenyus2690

i was at the meeting, but it was a really bad turnout. there were 6 people there. we talked about the whole super pipe/park idea and the owner really wants to do it. the only thing is since they are doubling the hotel there not sure about moving tubing this summer, BUT they are doubling cascade park over the summer and making a drp in a little before that first side entrance. the drop in is going to be very steep because that is going to be the new super park once tubing is moved and all, but for next year cascade will probly be the new big park. they said we'll probly how about 4 differnt runs on cascade! but as for the super pipe, thats most def. not happening next year because they have to do so much as in snowmaking for it. they said it would take around 10 million gallons just to get enough to carve it! the super park will hpefully happen somefor next year with cascade but probly not the tubing run.

we also were talking about the spring riding. they are going to try and blow as much as they can in cascade and black bear and eventually tubing. the plan is to shut down tubing around the second or third week in march and make it back into the super park and also have that open in april!

they also might make the huge quarter pipe like they had last year at the base!

I really wanted to go to the tp forum but i had work and their bitches about giving off. Right now though bears park is really looking good. Theirs only one thing i feel its really lacking and that creative stuff. Its got all its stock jibs, hips and jumps but lets see some creative stuff. Maybe a bonk or two. Ive seen huge spools on the side of cascade in the woods. throw one of those in and put a lip onto it. Put a barrel or a tree stump in the ground and set up a bonk. Mountain creek has some really good examples of this. Those who have ridden there will no what im talking about. But all in all the parks lookin pretty good and i cant wait next year for all the improvements and I REALLLYYYYY hope they close the tubing run towards the end of the season so we can put some nice jomps on there like beore.

i was at the meeting, but it was a really bad turnout. there were 6 people there. we talked about the whole

Yeah, I was planning on getting over there but got tied up at work. Was hoping to hear more about the new plans. Hopefully the thin turnout doesn't stop the attempts to have these meetings!

Yeah, I was planning on getting over there but got tied up at work. Was hoping to hear more about the new plans. Hopefully the thin turnout doesn't stop the attempts to have these meetings!

Don't know if it means anything but I just got back from a week in tahoe and the terrain parks there suck compared to bears.... although there were some bigger hits.

Just thought I would toss out a compliment since all the high schoolers here are only capable of whining.

Don't know if it means anything but I just got back from a week in tahoe and the terrain parks there suck compared to bears.... although there were some bigger hits.

Just thought I would toss out a compliment since all the high schoolers here are only capable of whining.

Sounds good!

just got back from Blue. they blew snow in the park but nothing is very different. you can see that they are going to be putting in some new rails in some spots though. and lets just say that the booters are bigger than they have ever been. the first booter after the c-box was moved back was 10 of my ski lengths (174) making it about 58 feet. the double set of booters after the rainbow is also bigger. the left side is 8 1/2 ski lengths making the jump 50 feet. the huge booter though, will make you shit your pants. its a couple inches less than 13 ski lengths... making it about 75 feet. this should make for a pretty sick slopestyle comp. unfortunately i wont be there. but all of you better be filming it!