Transportation

shadow8993

in your case rent. its not like your into parks and your dad's not letting you do any steep stuff so just rent. its not worth the pain in the ass. that buying a case would be.

That's not entirely true. Besides we want to take our own equipment so we don't have to worry about adjustments and can just enjoy ourselves.

I have hard cases. But to fit a snowboard and 3 sets of skis you are going to get set back about $250 for 2 of those - of course you will always have them. They have rollers, so it makes it easier to get around. My kids have handled them with some effort since they were 6 yrs old. I don't think they could handle packed soft bags. - they are the most economical.

VT has a point, if the hassle has a value and money isn't as much a concern. The rentals can be done in Reno, you will get a better price, plus you may find better gear, since the locals aren't going to likely rent junk. otherwise, with the cost of the rentals you can justify the cost of the new Hardcases. Each case I carry I can get 3 pairs of skis in if I am real creative fitting them together like a jigsaw puzzle.

i have regular ski bags that have some extra protection around the bindings (this is the most important part to protect while transporting skis). i also put my helmet around the tips, put my ski clothes around the end, and put foam mattress padding around everything. my skis came back to me fine.

I have hard cases. But to fit a snowboard and 3 sets of skis you are going to get set back about $250 for 2 of those - of course you will always have them. They have rollers, so it makes it easier to get around. My kids have handled them with some effort since they were 6 yrs old. I don't think they could handle packed soft bags. - they are the most economical.

VT has a point, if the hassle has a value and money isn't as much a concern. The rentals can be done in Reno, you will get a better price, plus you may find better gear, since the locals aren't going to likely rent junk. otherwise, with the cost of the rentals you can justify the cost of the new Hardcases. Each case I carry I can get 3 pairs of skis in if I am real creative fitting them together like a jigsaw puzzle.

she's my ex and i was trying to go out to tahoe with her but umm yeah...

their going out their on a busness trip and only going to get like 2 days in 3 if their luckly i really dont think it worth buyin a case to bring your own equment out for that.

she's my ex and i was trying to go out to tahoe with her but umm yeah...

their going out their on a busness trip and only going to get like 2 days in 3 if their luckly i really dont think it worth buyin a case to bring your own equment out for that.

if its a business trip take your own gear and find a way to expense the purchase of the case!

you should be able to justify writing that off in some way.

Edited by Jib-o-phonic

if its a business trip take your own gear and find a way to expense the purchase of the case!

you should be able to justify writing that off in some way.

I use a soft ski bag, and put clothes in it around my stuff...Works pretty well. You could go for the hardcase, which would protect it more, but still put clothes in there if your stuff is moving aorund. Not only will this help keep your gear safer, but it also gives you more room in your other bags (or allows you to take fewer bags).

The other route would be shipping your skis out in a box to your hotel before you go...I would check with the hotel before you send them out tho :rolleyes:

I have a PM Gear Double Trouble ski bag -- designed by a ski racer to hold two pairs of skis, poles and lots of other stuff. Very long bag (for race skis, of course), with wheels. I pack one pair of skis and poles and lots of ski equipment in it to just about 48 pounds. I put the boots, helmets and other stuff in another bag, packed to about 48 pounds.

I have looked at shipping equipment out, rather than taking on the plane, and it is very expensive.

Edited by ole2planker

I have a PM Gear Double Trouble ski bag -- designed by a ski racer to hold two pairs of skis, poles and lots of other stuff. Very long bag (for race skis, of course), with wheels. I pack one pair of skis and poles and lots of ski equipment in it to just about 48 pounds. I put the boots, helmets and other stuff in another bag, packed to about 48 pounds.

I have looked at shipping equipment out, rather than taking on the plane, and it is very expensive.

That's a good idea packing your bags like that. I just have a soft case because the last time we traveled to anywhere by plane was 4 years ago and I used to rent, but now I have my own and a soft case. :rock:rock