another accident

rory606

last week i was boardsliding the urban skinny flat rail at the bottom of the park, and just like that fell off the side and landed on ice...almost threw up and wasnt able to ride...next day i was pissing blood and the docc said that i had two contusions and a tear in my kidney, didnt even realize that could happen in snowboarding! i am out for 6 weeks and god damn am i pissed. See you next year bear creek (anychance you will be open like 5 weeks from now?)

last week i was boardsliding the urban skinny flat rail at the bottom of the park, and just like that fell off the side and landed on ice...almost threw up and wasnt able to ride...next day i was pissing blood and the docc said that i had two contusions and a tear in my kidney, didnt even realize that could happen in snowboarding! i am out for 6 weeks and god damn am i pissed. See you next year bear creek (anychance you will be open like 5 weeks from now?)

dang...i hope you get better!!

but i know how you feel...i'm out for 8-10 months though ...i have my ACL reconstruction next friday and there's absolutely no way i'll be able to ski again before the season ends.

i hope you have better luck timewise than i do.

See you next year bear creek (anychance you will be open like 5 weeks from now?)

I had a buddy who lacerated his kidney early season and was back on the snow in two weeks. Not exactly the smartest decision, but if you can control yourself and just cruise you should be alright.

That's ignoring the fact that somebody can barrel into you and possibly kill you. It's a risky move.

I had a buddy who lacerated his kidney early season and was back on the snow in two weeks. Not exactly the smartest decision, but if you can control yourself and just cruise you should be alright.

That's ignoring the fact that somebody can barrel into you and possibly kill you. It's a risky move.

It isn't worth it. Listen to the Doc, there's always next season.

uhhh.. if it's any consolation, the leader of the pack at BC busted his butt (and maybe his tailbone) last night and knocked his noggin while board sliding a box. I spoke with him last night in the parking lot, he was headed to go get it looked at. Damn... so many photo ops lost.

I am happy to report no broken bones but I do have a serious bruise that covers the majority of my butt and some heavily shaken internal organs.

Lessons learned: A) I am too old and fragile B) I should be a bubble boy

Good to hear Mark!! Now you can tell everyone that you really bust your butt at work!! :blink: