New USSA Club @ BC

Ski

It appears Bear Creek has decided to get serious about junior ski racing. This was just posted at PARA:

"We are holding an organizational meeting at Bear Creek of Thursday March 16th at 7pm. We are attempting to spread the word to interested parents so that we can can their input for the 2006-2007 season.

Bear Creek is going to be expanding the "Timberline" trail and turning it into a designated racing trail and arena. The idea is to expand the program to offer race training, clinics, etc. in addition to our NASTAR.

Junior Development Ski Racing Meeting

March 16, 2006...7 PM

Conference Center

Bear Creek Ski Resort

1 Doe Mt. Lane

Macungie, PA"

A few weeks ago, I heard they were going to have a dedicated race trail next year. I didn't know they were going to have a real race program. Isn't timberline the trail to the Skiers left of Polar Bear (their NASTAR course)? It's sometimes the last open and the first closed. Maybe they'll widen it and beef up the snowmaking...

Another plus for BC...

So you'll be a 6' tall blonde babe in a speed suit...

6 foot tall, blonde, great figure, wearing a speed suit...Maybe she's Susan Maximuk? Ha, Susan doesn't project a provocative image, but some peoples MB personnas differ from real-life. I think it'd be a hoot if sexkitten was everything in real life that she projects on this MB.

I think it'd be a hoot if sexkitten was everything in real life that she projects on this MB.

I would never,ever, never lie about myself. Besides, PASR is not really annonomous like some other MB's. Here members have ample opportunity to meet and do so all the time. If I totally lied about myself and then I met you at Blue and all the things I said weren't true you would come on here and blow up my spot and I would be run out. Then I would have no life at all. Sad.

I would never,ever, never lie about myself. Besides, PASR is not really annonomous like some other MB's. Here members have ample opportunity to meet and do so all the time. If I totally lied about myself and then I met you at Blue and all the things I said weren't true you would come on here and blow up my spot and I would be run out. Then I would have no life at all. Sad.

It doesn't matter what you look like, or how tall you are, or how blonde you are...as long as you're a girl. I mean, who cares if you're really a babe?...but guys get pretty freaked when the girl they are talking to turns out to be named Fred. Think about how much sh*t we'd be giving Doug for asking some GUY out to Red Lobster...he'd NEVER hear the end of it.

With all do respect to the fine and necessary work that you do...don't you meet some newly "liberated" elderly sugardaddy's?

:lol:lol:lol

Hey ski! where do I find what qualifies a slope as a ussa run in sl and gs? like length and pitch, number of gates etc.

Number of gates and vertical is in the USSA handbook for what is condered a legal course. Also it has what happens if its not legal (for vertail, number of gates, or time).

Sib posted a big list of everything you need to get a trail certified as a race trail (like Cliffy is at CB) from USSA and FIS. Mainly you need snowmaking, a lift, a trail that can safely run a race, and a place to airlift someone out I think.