sg skis

skierboi

Why not the SG ski version of your GS skis? They'll have a closer feel to what you already know. You'd probably want to stay with the minimum allowed length and turn radius, since you'll be doing lots of short distance speed training. My oldest loved her Volkl SG's...

Siblet has hand-me-down SG skis from another racer. They are Volkyls. The team tends to do this because most of the kids have VERY few SG's. In fact, Siblet no longer wishes to do speed events, but the skis will return to the team otherwise I'd offer them to you.

Skierboi-

Best bet would to go see Greg at Heino's ski and cycle on rt. 23 south in Pequannock. He's pretty much the race guru in northern NJ. I drive the 40 minutes to go see him about anything that is racing related. As far as readily available SG skis, I saw a pair of atomics floating around somewhere online. Also I know of a couple sites that sell the Nordica SG stocks. The Nordicas are supposedly a monster of a ski though. They'll be very much like a world cup stock. Fischer and Nordica supposedly are the toughest skis to handle.

Cool - where will you be doing SG, Skierboi? Ha, I did my only SG in 156 P50 SL skis. Wouldn't recommend them for this purpose. Planning to move up to 160s for my next try... :rofl Seriously, I know several people who like Volkls for this because they handle so well.

What would Schlopy use?

Yeah man, Heino's really is the place to go... He'll give you some awesome tuning tips and whatnot if you want as well. He basically helped me prep my skis for every race the second half of this year. Good luck at Sugarbowl next year. We're all jealous. Trust me. BTW, how'd you do at Elk? I was going to check the results while I was there, but I never got around to it. I was the dork hanging out with Missy and the dude all day.

Oh well man, its not the last time you'll ever race, be sure of that. Just as long as you skied like it was going to be. Good thing you asked about these SG skis... it got me thinking... I'm going to need a pair myself for next year... :devil: My schedule has at least 2 of them... speed events are tasty...

Hey, what's up guys, just stopping by. I just bought a pair of SG skis, of course I'll be paying for them over the summer. I got Volkl 200 cm Race Tiger SG. NOw , normally I am on Fischer and always endorse Fischer...but....there wasnt one pair of Fischer SG in the whole darn country and everyone that I knew had super G skis dummied up real fast when asked if I could borrow them.. so I decided to go out and get a pair since they will be current for a long time ( SG tech for skis changes very slowly). I have no idea how the Fischers ski, but I can tell you that the Volkl's are hot stuff. They slice the ice and ride the mush like you wouldn't believe and also they absorb the chatter or ripples incredibly. One thing treally like about them is that you dont have to be a 200lb monster to make these things work. Notwithstanding, all SG skis wont do much unless you are going at least 15-20 mph,...they just wont turn at very slow speeds. I'd highly recommend the Volkl. As far as where to get them: Greg at Heino's is an excellent choice, I always go to him first and not only is a good friend, he really knows what he is talking about. Prices from him for USSA racers are about the best your gonna get and just make sure you jump on things right away in the fall, by at least Sept, if you want to secure SG skis without having to scramble during the season beginning. Another place to look is racestocksports.com and see what they have in stock if you need something , like right now. If there is one thing I have learned from using SG skis, it's that I will never do a SG again on GS skis...it's not worth it.