Ski Big Bear

skidude

Have you heard of Big Bear before today?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard of Big Bear before today?

• Yes
    • No

Just emailed them and asked Vert and why they have no ads anywhere

"Our mountain was first developed in 1976. Our vertical is 650'. Our

website is www.ski-bigbear.com. We have a very loyal customer base. We are

known for our friendly staff, great snow (the owners still make and groom

it) and lack of lines. Because we aren't very well known people enjoy

coming to our mountain and bringing their friends. They feel like it is

their place, their great secret. Hopefully you will make it up to check us

out next season.

Lori Phillips

Ski Big Bear"

Has anyone heard of Big Bear? 

http://www.ski-bigbear.com/

This is the first time I have ever heard of it. www.skipa.com doesn't even have it.  Just wondering.

Big Bear doesn't even advertise locally. It's about 20 minutes from my house and I've never seen anything about it other than a little brochure that was a few years old. Costa's Family park---the ad on their main page-- has great batting cages, though, with a home run fence. We hit there three or four times a week.

seems like a cool little place. quite a hike for me though. i knew the name sounded familiar, thats cause it is up sorta by lake walempalmpac. i used to go up there for the majority of my summers. family has since sold the place we had there. no TP at that place though whcich prolly makes you skiiers happy, haha. maybe jeff can cart our asses up there one day next year just to try it out, but thats a hell of a hike from philly, lol.

$2.99, dam.  i could go for that...and yea, if thats near wallenpaupack, we have a house bout 15 minutes up the road (which is 5 minutes from ski999, we could egg his house)

We have gates and armed patrols. We are uneggable. I am, however, sitting in your lake house living room right now. I notice that you have an incredible number of dirty magazines and cans of tuna fish. But you need bread.

CB is 40 miles of back roads from here; Blue is 60 or so. People around Lake Walenpaupack ski Tanglwood, which overlooks the lake, and then drive over to Montage or up to Elk for more vertical. I don't think I've ever met someone up here that's ever skied Blue, except to race.

• 1 month later...

Hey, 'Dude, I was looking for something and found this thread. How did you happen across this place? When I first read your post, I thought you meant Mount Tone. I could see this place getting a few people on the weekends, but I can't picture a single skier/boarder being there on a Tuesday night. I ran the hill today and checked some of the other slopes for grass (none, just rocks and weeds). BTW, Atomic, it's 14 miles northeast of Lake Walenpaupack...