Ridge at Nastar Nationals

Papasteeze

Assuming these are 3 different runs, same gate? (Its better if you can get more than one gate in the picture, or a picture of the course, if you have one, that just looking at the one section of the turn). Anyway...

Picture 1...Looks like hes about to blow out backwards. Bring the inside leg back, but nice angles with the inside leg. Not only will he blow out backwards, but hes also looking like hes about to fall to the inside.

Picture 2...Looks pretty good, still tipping a little to the inside. (possibly a line adjustment, but I can't see the gate above/below)

Picture 3...still tipping to the inside.

As I keep looking at them and the stuff in the backround, I think they were 3 different gates? But its hard to tell...

Just like he was working on at Mt. Hood when I was with him (and I'm sure he was told by the Camelback coaches many times) he has to level out his upper body more, and like Mum said, possibly bring the outside hip a little bit more foward.

Over all looks pretty good :)

Skimom and dude are on it. Dipping the shoulder a bit and dragging the down hill leg. The conditions were like mashed potatoes, sticky on a steep grade. Rotating his hip around was a problem that day. In the last picture in the first post of this thread, that was the high line and the last and best run of that day.

I believe it is the same gate, I seamed these 3 pics together..

post-258-1143846843_thumb.jpg

post-258-1143846934_thumb.jpg

Edited by Papasteeze

I don't race, or care much about it... and I'm probably wrong, but in this pic here:

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p...ype=post&id=894

(second one, in the very first post by Papasteeze)

it looks like his left ski is getting ready to go in a completely different direction than the right ski(his left and right, not OUR view)

I dunno, that to me seems like it might slow someone down, or require some sort of correction, like maybe he was a bit out of control there for a second... perhaps someone could explain that to me :P

I don't race, or care much about it... and I'm probably wrong, but in this pic here:

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p...ype=post&id=894

(second one, in the very first post by Papasteeze)

it looks like his left ski is getting ready to go in a completely different direction than the right ski(his left and right, not OUR view)

I dunno, that to me seems like it might slow someone down, or require some sort of correction, like maybe he was a bit out of control there for a second... perhaps someone could explain that to me :P

I think you mean the first one. It looks like really soft snow, and sometimes that inside ski or outside ski just gets caught up, and stuck out away from you, and you have to use that inside ski to help correct it. When Ski999 took pics of me recently, all but one of my pics came out great, and that one I happened to be doing the exact same thing as Ridge, and it happens frequently in heavy, soft snow.

compare the second pic to the third, he has much better hand positioning in the second one, which contributes to a strronger outside leg...while the inside hand goes down, the body elongates and the outside leg washes out. also, since you mentioned this was all the same gate, encourage him to do things to change his line during training...like tweak it up the hill more or tighten it up on his second time thru the course. even with rough conditions, line at his level wins the race almost everytime.

since you mentioned this was all the same gate, encourage him to do things to change his line during training...like tweak it up the hill more or tighten it up on his second time thru the course. even with rough conditions, line at his level wins the race almost everytime.

I get some better quality up soon there are more. The problem has been getting him to have his best runs on his first runs. I guess that is just lack of simple experience in translating course inspections to real runs. His best run where he looks the best is also the high line.. The problem is on soft courses that you often have to ride the ruts or risk getting launched blazing your own trail - he only ways 85 lbs. :lol: