06-07 plans

Tyler

i have heard many things regarding bear creeks expansion plans for next year....im wondering if anyone knows the latest on what they plan to do?..are they doing anything with the parks?

Edited by Oakley21

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh, not really many rumors were mentioned here. Just that the eco-terrorists are giving BC are hard time about the tubing. Why dont you exactly tells us what u know?

yeah clear up the rumors.......

i am sorry but where did the eco terrorist comment come from.. that has nothing to do with anything at all there are no ecoterrorists prohibiting tubing from being moved. the deal is were not saying anything until next year so u guys r gonna have to wait to see the progress. sorry if that comes across as dick but thats how its gonna be done as of now so just wait till next december and you shall see the improvements.

i am sorry but where did the eco terrorist comment come from.. that has nothing to do with anything at all there are no ecoterrorists prohibiting tubing from being moved. the deal is were not saying anything until next year so u guys r gonna have to wait to see the progress. sorry if that comes across as dick but thats how its gonna be done as of now so just wait till next december and you shall see the improvements.

wow..thats all you had to say w/ your first post... :banghead:rofl

must be that north penn school district...

Edited by righthandedlefty

ok thanks...im anxious to see the results ...it would have been nice to get a heads up on improvements for next year

Actually your wrong. About a month ago maybe a little more, a couple of BC Reps on here wrote down improvements for next year, and said something about tubing. If anyone wants to search for the topic, its there.

Actually your wrong. About a month ago maybe a little more, a couple of BC Reps on here wrote down improvements for next year, and said something about tubing. If anyone wants to search for the topic, its there.

I was gonna mention it earlier but didnt in hopes he would mention something "exclusive"..what was I thinking? :banghead

btw...here is what you were talking about...

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3037

the idea of tubing was brought up but eco terrorists have no relevence to the topic at hand, to the best of my knowlege no eco terrorist groups have complained about teh possibility of a move of tubing. As far as the actual realistic goals of teh park go... ull have to wait and see what happens, but you will be impressed

ps to whoever took a shot at NPHS i dont go there i go to LaSalle just so you know for future attempts to rip on me. no hard feelings bro.

the idea of tubing was brought up but eco terrorists have no relevence to the topic at hand, to the best of my knowlege no eco terrorist groups have complained about teh possibility of a move of tubing. As far as the actual realistic goals of teh park go... ull have to wait and see what happens, but you will be impressed

ps to whoever took a shot at NPHS i dont go there i go to LaSalle just so you know for future attempts to rip on me. no hard feelings bro.

meh its ok bout the nphs shot....I couldnt resist seeing that I went to pennridge back in the day (good times) plus a few of my cousins goto NP...oh well...

The truth is, that the plan is that, trails will be expanded, more snowmaking, lift upgrades, park enhancements, more motel rooms, junior racing program.

The one thing that you can go to the bank on is that Bear Creek will be the ski area that all the others will be watching, nervously. :D

thats the best comment on this topic yet, ive talked to several people that are staffed pretty high at BC and with the things i know, im going to keep my silence to, but dont worry BC next year is going to be 10X sicker then this year. Between the park other trails and planning for future expansions and improvements BC is deff going to be closely watched, and other mountains will be looking to BC for advise. and besides why would you wanna know now anyway just let it go and let it be a surprise. and something to keep in mind BC opens in 7 months and 1 week its not so bad.

yeah you would take a shot at Np :angry: .but anyway i thought i remember in one of the fourms a bc rep saying moving the tubing this year would not happend.

What is Np??

I think the problem was the lack of DEP grading permits for relocating the tubing. Trail expansion/clearing/widening can probably still happen, however I am talking out of school............

I heard they decided to restrict the growth of their racing program to J4/5's. :angry:

I was there for the meeting, and if that is the case, then something has changed. In a big picture sort of view/plan - it sounded to me like they did not have enough trails planned to meet the race demand. The 'racing program" is interested in expanding to host weekday evening training/races for the area clubs and leagues. The J4/5 program sounds like a good way to start for the weekend racing program. Face it they don't the vert for the older kids to train on.. DOH!!! neither does CB :blink:

A weekend program for J4/5's sounds like a good idea. The person I spoke with received an update at Steamboat from Fred. She's an aspiring 50+ yo racer i.e., she was looking for another program thinking it unlikely that they'd have much to offer adults and older juniors for evening programs.

But, she must have been wrong. Bear Creek would never fail us older athletes looking for night training. :D

What is Np??

I think the problem was the lack of DEP grading permits for relocating the tubing. Trail expansion/clearing/widening can probably still happen, however I am talking out of school............

papa its north penn high school i was only kidding. Their has always been some competiton agiasnt Np and Pennridge