06-07 plans

Tyler

The person I spoke with received an update at Steamboat from Fred.

But, she must have been wrong. Bear Creek would never fail us older athletes looking for night training. :D

From the interest in the audience that night, I would think that there will be something for her whether it be Mack, Dutchmen or heaven forbid, Mainline :wiggle weeknight clinic/gates training.

I was surprised to see Fred regularly hanging with Billy Madsen, sounds like Fred gave the quick version.....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack v Dutchmen? That's a no brainer for the RacerMums- the Dutchmen are really young, fast men who advocate the testosterone approach to racing. Mack has a variety of 40+ who seem to be getting faster. Their women aspire to beat the men rather than settling to beat their female counterparts. If Mainline doesn't start to offer reasonable training options, I may switch to them.

Watch out, Pops, maybe I'll put a target on your back next year. :rofl

haha nice papa. i wish. looks like they changed their park a ton from last year. the pipe was pretty much right next to the lift last year.

umm i think i just might of ridden that park befor. i wounder why i get that feeling.

Seems like a dream doesn't? As VT may attest I think the layout in that pic could be about the same at BC I know the vert is just about right. What is not pictured is the step-up to the far left which would be really cool if incorporated

i completely agree. the park isnt huge vert wise, but its very wide and has room between features and flows really well. dorsey and andy, please do this for next year.

I could be wrong but the width from tubing to sasquatch is similar and so is the vert. I would like to see a step up at BC somehow incorporated. The one at Steamboat is a huge and popular feature. It kicks you up plenty and you land at the apex. THe problem is the only place at BC i can see doing it would be very disruptive to the overall flow under the quad.

The truth is, that the plan is that, trails will be expanded, more snowmaking, lift upgrades, park enhancements, more motel rooms, junior racing program.

The one thing that you can go to the bank on is that Bear Creek will be the ski area that all the others will be watching, nervously. :D

great quote,,,but anyway what about the lifts,,,that would be amazing if they could put in a high speed quad but i have heard its not possible? please tell us.....

great quote,,,but anyway what about the lifts,,,that would be amazing if they could put in a high speed quad but i have heard its not possible? please tell us.....

More capacity in conjunction with trail expansion is what the PROPOSAL was. I believe High speed lifts (detachables) require a certain amount of traveling distance which apparently, BC does not have.

The next time there is word that there is a public forum at BC - everyone should attend

They don't close it to respace chairs too often. If they take the chairs off because of an ice storm about once a season, thats probably enough. It would only have to be done about once a season I think, because its a pretty long cable.

Now I know they at least care about their customers a little bit.

no they dont its all about marketing.

VT is right, it's all about uphill capacity and whether the chairs are full.

I just got a thought, Who is the most capable of being the most crowded? Assume that there are an even amount of skilled snow people.

Lift capacity divided by trail acreage.

Mack v Dutchmen? That's a no brainer for the RacerMums- the Dutchmen are really young, fast men who advocate the testosterone approach to racing. Mack has a variety of 40+ who seem to be getting faster. Their women aspire to beat the men rather than settling to beat their female counterparts. If Mainline doesn't start to offer reasonable training options, I may switch to them.

Watch out, Pops, maybe I'll put a target on your back next year. :rofl

Hi skimom,

The Dutchmen would love to have ya. We are always looking for racers of all ages. I'm 40 and just started getting into racing recently. I've been with the Dutchmen for a number of years and I'm going to be taking over as Competition Director next year. If there's any info you would like, just let me know.

Hi skimom,

The Dutchmen would love to have ya. We are always looking for racers of all ages. I'm 40 and just started getting into racing recently. I've been with the Dutchmen for a number of years and I'm going to be taking over as Competition Director next year. If there's any info you would like, just let me know.

Hi Ed - Welcome!!! Good to see the Dutchmen in the house. You guys are a huge group and have a lot to offer.

• 4 weeks later...

Eco-terrorists suck!

Thats quite a leap to go from tree hugger to Eco-terrorist? There a big difference. I'd be considered a tree hugger if you knew me, but I've never blown anything up... in the name of hugging more trees anyway.

Ever heard of global warming? Don't know about you but I like skiing on snow a lot better then grass, and it's the "Tree hugging" organizations that lead the fight to reduce greenhouse emissions. They may be saving your snow. So I'd rethink your stance a little.

Thats quite a leap to go from tree hugger to Eco-terrorist? There a big difference. I'd be considered a tree hugger if you knew me, but I've never blown anything up... in the name of hugging more trees anyway.

Ever heard of global warming? Don't know about you but I like skiing on snow a lot better then grass, and it's the "Tree hugging" organizations that lead the fight to reduce greenhouse emissions. They may be saving your snow. So I'd rethink your stance a little.

Please dont get me started on that shit.

please don't get any of us started on this we had a LONG disscusion on this a wile back and it whent no were good. if anything it was pretty much global warming is just a natural process... or at least if i remmber correctly thats what it ended at.