how can i save my board?

VTmark

Best home rigged fix I've seen for an issue like that is some good quality epoxy and a good set of vice-grips. Put some epoxy in the seperated area, sandwich the affected area of the board between some nice flat pieces of 1" or 2" thick pieces of wood, then clamp tight with vice-grips and let sit for a good long while.

edit: Don't use 1" or 2" thick pieces of wood... I thought I was looking at a different area of the board cuz the pics were a little fuzzy. You're gonna need to use wood that has a bit of flex to it.

Edited by freeridintre

You need some better pics man. Does you camera have a "macro" focus mode? This allows it to focus at close range. Sorry if you know this already, just making sure. The pic looks like the topsheet has split from the base but is still attached, which I guess isn't the case. Since your topsheet is gone, I'd recommend getting a shop opinion. They'll likely quote you a price thats pretty high, in which case you might be better of getting a new board and like righthanded said make this one a rock board. You can still use epoxy to seal the base from the elements and kind of make a topsheet, although its never going to be the way it was.

You need some better pics man. Does you camera have a "macro" focus mode? This allows it to focus at close range. Sorry if you know this already, just making sure. The pic looks like the topsheet has split from the base but is still attached, which I guess isn't the case. Since your topsheet is gone, I'd recommend getting a shop opinion. They'll likely quote you a price thats pretty high, in which case you might be better of getting a new board and like righthanded said make this one a rock board. You can still use epoxy to seal the base from the elements and kind of make a topsheet, although its never going to be the way it was.

no my cammria is a POS. and yeah my top sheet is gone. otherwise i woulnt be asking and i'de just epoxy it.

well, if you're decent with glassing (like fiberglassing surfboards, skateboards, etc.) then you could try to build up the topsheet with some fiberglass sheeting and resin. otherwise, i would just seal it off with epoxy, duct tape it if you have to, and ride it til it completely breaks. its definately not gonna be good as new, but it should still be rideable and would probably be a good jib board.

Mark, call up the manufacturer (ride I'm guessing) and tell them your problem. From what I can see, it's delam, and that's not supposed to happen. Delam should be under the manufacturer's warranty, unless it's impact damage. In either case, call them up and see what happens. Even if it is impact damage, if you send it in-they'll at least fix it.

well, if you're decent with glassing (like fiberglassing surfboards, skateboards, etc.) then you could try to build up the topsheet with some fiberglass sheeting and resin. otherwise, i would just seal it off with epoxy, duct tape it if you have to, and ride it til it completely breaks. its definately not gonna be good as new, but it should still be rideable and would probably be a good jib board.

im decent with glassing. but i use this a my race board.

Mark, call up the manufacturer (ride I'm guessing) and tell them your problem. From what I can see, it's delam, and that's not supposed to happen. Delam should be under the manufacturer's warranty, unless it's impact damage. In either case, call them up and see what happens. Even if it is impact damage, if you send it in-they'll at least fix it.

ok i guess i need to find their number its worth a shot. looking at their warnity the board is to old for them to care. Its an 02 or 03 and they only do a one year warrintry.

Edited by VTmark

im decent with glassing. but i use this a my race board.

ok i guess i need to find their number its worth a shot. looking at their warnity the board is to old for them to care. Its an 02 or 03 and they only do a one year warrintry.

Call dude! I'm sure they'll at least fix it or something (maybe for a fee- idk). And when you ship it-UPS!!! Fedex sucks.