Verizon

skimom

Anyone know how the cell phone reception is for Verizon at CB?  Any better or worse than AT&T? 

What about other spots in the Poconos?

i have AT&T and it works great at CB.....Do you have TDMA or GSM?

My friend has Verizon and gets horrid reception at our lakehouse, where i perfect reception and i pWnz him :lol:

i get great reception with verizon at CB. i find it hard to find places verizon dosent get a signal at. i know a ton of people who say veriozon's signal service sucks, and then i find out they are using a 3 year old phone. verizon works great as long as u replace your phone every so often, but that is the same for any company. if ur phone blows it dosent matter what company u go with.

In some newspaper article I read last week, Verizon had the lowest complaint rate of all the "known" services.

Although I have had some pockets of no reception using Verizon on my many travels to ski areas and our odyssey across the US last year, I have been very satisfied with them for years.

It all boils down to where the cell towers are. Verizon owns theirs as does Nextel and T mobile. I think A T & T only owns towers in certain areas and lease tower transmission in other areas. I personally never had any luck with them. Best luck has been with T mobile and now Nextel. Had no problems on the trek north outta Margaritaville to CB . Like AMEX, I don't leave home without 'em.

It all boils down to where the cell towers are. Verizon owns theirs as does Nextel and T mobile. I think A T & T  only owns towers in certain areas and lease tower transmission in other areas. I personally never had any luck with them. Best  luck has been with T mobile and now Nextel. Had no problems on the trek north outta Margaritaville to CB . Like AMEX, I don't leave home without 'em.

tmobile has the smallest coverage area.....ATT and Verizon are the best, but i personally get better signal then my friends w/ Verizon

• 3 weeks later...

I have no problem with AT&T GSM at CB. I initially had a tri-mode phone (TDMA+GSM US+GSM Global) because I didn't trust their new GSM network yet and also because I travel to europe alot. But I switched to GSM-only back in January and haven't had any issues at all. Signal is great at CB.

I have no problem with AT&T GSM at CB.  I initially had a tri-mode phone (TDMA+GSM US+GSM Global) because I didn't trust their new GSM network yet and also because I travel to europe alot.  But I switched to GSM-only back in January and haven't had any issues at all.  Signal is great at CB.

greg and i are both runnin ATT GSM and we've both had good reception at cb and blue....att rocks :P