HElp

2 planker

iam in the market for new skis....

heres what iam thinking about..

the new invander (can i use scratch 120 bindings on those??)

Rossignol scratch FS

and maybe K2 Fujatives

any ideas on boots and bindings trying to get it semi low on prices here.

iam somewhat new to the whole terrian park game. but iam not a newbie.

something easy to learn new tricks with and light with good pop.

Thanks...

i got the fujis. always a good choice. no problems yet. seems like a good solid ski and you cant pass up the price.

yup saamme here. ive had my fujis for 2 years now and i havent had a problem with them yet. i had lines, however, that delammed (sp..) before the season ended. sooo yea i'd go for the fujatives if i were you.

Edited by megan.

thanks for the help. is it same with the 06-07 fujis?? great ski?

and...any ideas on bindings i have salomons rightt now they suck.

i doubt i can help ya with the bindings, and i havent ridden the 06/07's but my guess is that they're just like teh other fujatives. awesome. they're such a great ski. you'll love 'em.

those three skis are all pretty different.

scartch - stiff all over, more of an all mtn twin or i guess could be used as a park ski for a heavier guy, not much sidecut

fujative - stiff tail, soft nose, medium amount of sidecut, designed to be a park ski, but skis like crap out of the park if you mount it forward of the recommended midsole line

invader - soft all over, pure park ski that skis decently on groomers but can't handle speed too well

it really depends on what you're looking to do with it. if you want an all around ski, the scratch, PE, or salomon foil are all solid bets. if you just want a park ski, the silencer or invader will be your best bet, as they will both be selling for 299 next season, since the fujative is getting bumped up to 329. silencer is the old PE shape with a cap construction and softer core, which should be a really fun park ski. for bindings, next year's salomons are different. no more toe peice adjustment, so they wont be prereleasing anymore. you can put p12s on the invaders, thats what i rode on mine. the only complaint i have about looks is that they are heavy, the breaks are expensive to replace (if you actually care about that) and they suck to put on in deep snow, but supposedly that's been fixed on the new px line. i would stick with salomon or look for bindings, personally. tyrolias release well, but dont really hold up to the beating we put on our stuff, unless you get the mojo 15 bindings, but thats probably overkill. good luck finding a pair of p12s in good condition though, they havent been made for going on two seasons now, and i had a hard time tracking down a new pair last year for a good price. for boots, as was said earlier, go to a shop. if you dont know exactly what you're looking for and how to fix problems that will inevitably arise with almost any boot, buying a boot online will just cause you more trouble than its worth. go to a shop, get fitted by someone who knows which boots will best fit your foot, check out custom footbeds (they really do make a huge difference) and other custom work that might need to be done (stetching out the toebox, ankle area, etc. ) most shops will garantee the work that they do and include it in the price of the boots, as long as you dont need excessive materials (footbeds, cants) to make the boots fit right. sorry this is so long, but hopefully it helps you out. we should be getting the new stuff in at nestors in late august.

alighttt thanks. i guess iam like for a ski that is 50/50 park and all mountain but i only weigh like 135ish haha

how tall are you? judging by your weight, you're probably a little shy of 6 feet? check out the foils in a 174, mounted +2 cm. they're an 85 waist so they'll still hold their own all mtn, and they're super light and responsive in the park too. toast has a pair that he skied in whistler when we were out there and got a foot of fresh, and he said they still skied well in that much snow too.

thanks... iam get foils or fugis are this point :-)

Well if your set on those two Wolverine21 on here has some for sale.

They are 06/07 fujis 169cm. With look p12 jib bindings, mounted for a size 10 boot. Used 10 times no edge damage, a few small nicks in the top sheet. All for $375. message him.

Edited by montageskier

toast has 174 foils with 912ti bindings. pretty much the lightest freeride setup you can get without putting a randonee binding on them, but you wouldnt want something like that for skiing park anyway. if you're looking for something thats gonna perform all mountain as well as in the park, foils are your better bet in my opinion. i skied the fujatives on a few groomers at blue and personally thought they sucked, but they were mounted at +5 for park riding, so its your call.