Jib Technologies

xkinkrider03x

a friend just informed me JiB Technologies will come in and improve the parks?? anyone know of this for sure/talk around actual camelback.. I really dont believe it, but maybe someone knows..I HIGHLY doubt it. cuz CB wouldnt do it.

I reallllllllllly dont believe this..but if anyone knows any facts.. im just curious. but i highly doubt this

My first thought would be to agree with you that this probably isn't happening. Knowing camelback, you would be hearing all kinds of stuff about their "improved park experience" already.... like when they beef up the snowmaking system and make it this huge pr thing. I guess anything worth spending money on is worth advertising the hell out of.

So that's my guess :) Sorry that I don't have any real facts

i have no real fact, but i bet is that it is just a PR rumor that they are using to stimulate some buzz about the riding community. they do it every year by telling us they are putting some totally sick feature in, and then they are real secretive about it until like the week before the stuff goes in. they did that with the new rails 2 years ago, and the boxes this year. prolly just more hype again over a minor improvement.

we care so much because it (at least in my case) we realize how nice of a mountain CB is and hate to see poor management destroy a nice place.

i also can gurantee you i will never be up there this summer. i have never gone to camelbeach and dont have any plans ever go.

we all want better jumps and rails, and this is the reason i will be frequenting blue mountain next year instead.

we care so much because it (at least in my case) we realize how nice of a mountain CB is and hate to see poor management destroy a nice place.

i also can gurantee you i will never be up there this summer. i have never gone to camelbeach and dont have any plans ever go.

we all want better jumps and rails, and this is the reason i will be frequenting blue mountain next year instead.

:werd, i've never been to camelbeach, i've been asked, but i rejected.

honestly, we really dont "care" about camelback, we care about skiing and snowboarding. As you can tell from this thread, the admin's of this board all have season passes to blue :o

i don't think cb needs to improve their rails, cause they have so many already, but maybe replace the beginner ones with more advanced ones. I look at the rails blue has and its insane. I think CB needs to take some lessons from blue in how to build jumps. As a skier blues are shaped perfectly for a smooth landing and they have nice lips. Camelback has the worst jumps, especially the one at the end of laurel, its a 1 ft lip with a 25ft table top. But then again, there are 31 other trails for you to have fun on :D

why do u guys care so much if they r a money whore

they have the most trails in the poconos and i bet half of u guys will still go ther over the summer

i really want them to put better jumps and rails too

I care so much because why should I pay them more if they only have 3 more trails than blue mountain does besides blue is closer to my house. I can guarantee that you will never find me at camelbeach.

why do u guys care so much if they r a money whore

they have the most trails in the poconos and i bet half of u guys will still go ther over the summer

i really want them to put better jumps and rails too

I care so much because why should I pay them more if they only have 3 more trails than blue mountain does besides blue is closer to my house. I can guarantee that you will never find me at camelbeach.

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself, Skifreak.

Blue has a better park anyway, which is the second reason I am going there next season. It's also closer and the pass prices don't continually go up like CB's.

Ers....CBs passes are only going up, cause people keep buying them.

No need to start a bitching match or anything, but obviously CB is doing something right, They keep raising prices and people (like me) keep buying there stuff. The prices will stop going up when people stop buying.

After consulting with the head park crew manager about the jib tech stuff he replied to me, "What the heck is Jib Tech?" so i guess that the whole jib tech thing is just a big rumor, but as of now, there ain't gonna be no jib tech

From the other board

"there ain't gonna be no jib tech" nice double negative. so i am assumeing he meant "there isn't going to be and jib tech help". or something like that...

rumor...hyped PR rumors....and the vicous cycle has begun again. this is an early one, so i am wondering how outlandish the fall rumor is gonna be?

well for one. Park crew is hired every year. so they arent EVER informed..there is no permanant park crew. you must re apply every day. And that post about 'what the heck is jib tech' its because THEY ARE NOT INFORMED. ever. if you realize this it would make sense. one does not know because he is not told. because as of now he is not a camelback ski area employee get where im going? but yeah i doubt it. but it'd be cool. but yeah that rumor shit..it always happens..

also we really dont care, but when its the closest/best riding mountain around here we'd like to keep a balance.

• 4 weeks later...

dude all u guys are talking about blue and how nice theyre stuff is. has anyone here ridden big boulder? sure they a small mountain but if ur a park rat like i am it doesnt matter because boulders jumps put blues to shame like blues put camelbacks to shame, i do agree that camelback is a really nice mountain tho, but i think why they get so much money is because theyre the closest mountain in the poconos to new york and new jersey so it probably gets the most vacationers. what i noticed a lot about the ski areas around here is that they dont even give a fuck about us locals and they just worry about how they can make theyre resort better for the vacationers and how they can promote it more to them

i think just about any resort has that same idea in mind nitro. they all want to promote to the crowd that is willing to spend the most money, and that is tourists/vacationers. the only local friendly mountains around are small privately owned comunities out west with addition to the few scattered about the east coast. don't forget resorts are simply businesses at the core of whatever marketing vibe they send out. so even some of the big west coast resorts (vale, mamouth, etc) who boast themselves as "local friendly" and "an at home mountian" are all just feeding you that line to get you to buy their over priced lift tickets.

i myself have never been to big boulder, but i have heard good things. however, i am not just a park rat. i love the park, but i equally love to beat atomic down a black diamond so i can hear him tell me i wasn't in control haha :rofl (sorry jeff, it was too easy). Anyway, maybe ill check it out this year when i am in one of my park rat moods.

i think just about any resort has that same idea in mind nitro. they all want to promote to the crowd that is willing to spend the most money, and that is tourists/vacationers. the only local friendly mountains around are small privately owned comunities out west with addition to the few scattered about the east coast. don't forget resorts are simply businesses at the core of whatever marketing vibe they send out. so even some of the big west coast resorts (vale, mamouth, etc) who boast themselves as "local friendly" and "an at home mountian" are all just feeding you that line to get you to buy their over priced lift tickets.

i myself have never been to big boulder, but i have heard good things. however, i am not just a park rat. i love the park, but i equally love to beat atomic down a black diamond so i can hear him tell me i wasn't in control haha :rofl (sorry jeff, it was too easy). Anyway, maybe ill check it out this year when i am in one of my park rat moods.

im sorry nick, you WERENT in control :D greg and i were putzin along pretty fast, arcing turns i may add, then you go flying by at full tilt.....sorta like when skidude and i came within a inch of collision :lol:

• 1 month later...

did any of you go to bear creek last year? their park was hands down better than anythign else around here. i dont know why you all love blue's park so much, i rode there all the time last year cause its really close to my house, but god their park sucked balls. nothing was ever groomed right, all the rails were ride on, there were holes in every landing, yeah i could go on for a while

• 2 years later...