What Are You Skiing/riding Next Season?

ERS

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're ganna need replacement balls, i hear it hurts if you take a gate between the legs if you're a guy

Ouch, is it a general practice to wear a cup while racing?

whats the equivlent of a cup, for girls? :lol:

i dunno if it holds true for skiing. but i know that the girls who play hockey wear what they call pelvic protectors. they arent as "cupped" as a cup. more like a thin flat peice of like triangular plastic that just covers all the important stuff. lol...... is that what the girls use when it is that wonderful time of the month? cause i can't imagine it being comfortable wearing a mens cup, in addition most girls are too self concious to walk around with an unsightly bulge coming from the crotch region of their race suit. lol. im sure those race get ups dont exactly hide something like that, haha!

Ha, no cups for girls...or guys, either, for that matter. I've seen some close calls with slalom gates, but with the way you end up straddling them, the impact rarely occurs directly in a fragile spot. Skiercross competitors, on the other hand, wear just about every pad you can imagine, including shoulder pads and something that resembles a flack jacket.

And, hey, Atomic, I think it'd be a blast for you to go out for your school's race team. Wasn't it '2planker that posted the link to those pics from an Albany or Syracuse college race team trip a while back? Racing by day, hot tubbing with race girls by night...or check out the ASRA race schedule. There are 30 race dates scheduled for this season, with venues from Sugarbush down to Blue.

I'm sure your college schedule is about to be pretty insane, but races are better than keggers and circle-jerk frat parties.

• 2 weeks later...
And, hey, Atomic, I think it'd be a blast for you to go out for your school's race team. or check out the ASRA race schedule. There are 30 race dates scheduled for this season, with venues from Sugarbush down to Blue.

It would be interesting to see where Atomic bats in. Anyone want to make bets? We should get Thinksnow out there too... At least on NASTAR.

Edited by skimom

10 bucks on SkiMum

im all in :lol:

we'll race at blue, since she "hates the snow conditions"....

Ski999 knows i can make the turns, and i do recall greg saying "holy crap jeff, you were making tight slalom turns, and the kid next to you in a tuck couldn't pass you" :lol: you better watch out.

post_2_1051962921.jpg

Anyway I bet Mum would want to race you at CB or Bear Creek, and she gets to pick.

Right, I'm not going to Blue - the place is a dump. Jeff, why don't you do NASTAR and we will see how you do? If it looks close, we can arrange a race sometime. I don't want to embarass one of skidude's friends ...

The ideal solution would be for everyone to go to an ASRA race...You would be compared to everyone, not just your friends mother. We could invite ski999's little kid, just to be sure you were able to beat someone. :rofl

Edited by skimom

I thoroughly enjoy giving Atomic a lot of crap because he's been driving BMW's since he was 13 and will have his own wine cellar at school this fall, but I give him props for learning to lay a GS ski on edge.

What happens when an 18-year-old, high-energy, very good recreational skier goes up against a smooth, well-coached and passionate, Mom-aged racer?

Well, the rest of us would be entertained and isn't that what's important? I, for one, really enjoy humiliation when it's finally being experienced by someone else. But losing to 'Mom wouldn't be bad...just imagine losing to skierforever.