Things might be looking up

Schif

There was just a story on Newswatch 16 about Montage. Apparantly they took a loss of $900,00 dollars last year. :o Some of that was due to it beign warm, but in the past 2 years they've lost around 2 million. County Comissioiners now realize that its "a vital part of the economy, but should not be county owned". No new buyer yet, but hopefully we'll get something going.

Man, Schif, not a whole lot of companies are looking to pick up ski areas with a recent track record of seven figure annual losses. I know what you mean, that it may force change, but there's a really big possible downside. Sucks that they didn't just take Snow Time's offer of a straight-up takeover. They would have saved $2 million so far. And we'd be taking a high speed detachable quad...

Quite possibly the most humorous post I've read on these boards

Those folks are county employees! You can't expect them to get the condition report correct! And part of the sale conditions are that they retain the employees. I would re-think that! Too funny.

:ph34r:

Edited by First Grade Teacher

Those folks are county employees! You can't expect them to get the condition report correct! And part of the sale conditions are that they retain the employees. I would re-think that! Too funny.

:ph34r:

HEy there, im a county employee. I make one of the best hot dogs in the world. Dont be hatin. And if the sale goes through maybe i could do the park, like we wanted to.

HEy there, im a county employee. I make one of the best hot dogs in the world. Dont be hatin. And if the sale goes through maybe i could do the park, like we wanted to.

Actually, MS, one of the reasons they need to sell Montage is to pay off the stadium vendors. So they are selling Montage to a well-run company to help cover your paycheck. Win/win situation, eh?

Actually, MS, one of the reasons they need to sell Montage is to pay off the stadium vendors. So they are selling Montage to a well-run company to help cover your paycheck. Win/win situation, eh?

Yes, but now that it think about im not a county employee. I just work at a county building. We are owned by a company called Concessions Plus, and they just use the space and the stadium and at the Mountain. But neverthe less hopefully things go through.

Yes, but now that it think about im not a county employee. I just work at a county building. We are owned by a company called Concessions Plus, and they just use the space and the stadium and at the Mountain. But neverthe less hopefully things go through.

what exactly is your job ?

nevermind, got it in the other post.

Edited by riderossi