HCSC/Mt. Hood photos/video

DHarrisburg

Here's the first shot I've got at camp so far;

terrdog9tn.jpg

hello crazy arms :(

It's a big butter box that's about 5 feet tall, 12 feet wide, 20 feet long, 8 foot step-up gap to the box, 8 foot gap to landing. That photo was a back 180 switch tailpress cab 360 out. Hopefully I'll have some more stuff to post over the next few days.

sounds complicated. so you hit the box and then the jump?

It's not a box in the traditional sense of the term, it's a huge box made out of snow. You roll up, hit the step-up to the box, ride across it, then jump off the end of it. There was a good photo of one back in a Shanghai Six thread, but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

It's not a box in the traditional sense of the term, it's a huge box made out of snow. You roll up, hit the step-up to the box, ride across it, then jump off the end of it. There was a good photo of one back in a Shanghai Six thread, but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

Got it! I know the one. Nice shot, post some more!

Thats what i thought it was, but the real name for them is step up to step down.

Well, thats what they are. I have an issue of freeskier, that goes over the whole enitre level 1 shoot at keystone, and they call it a step up to step down many times.

i'm sure there are lots of terms to describe them. Kind of like jump, kicker, booter, or whatever.

Which one is you? Do most of the people wear helmets???

I'm on the right. Anyone under 18 is required to wear a helmet, over 18 and it's optional.

why do you not want a goggle tan.

Because I don't want the melanoma that goes with it. Goggle tans look pretty stupid, anyway. Most girls I know who don't ski or snowboard think they look absolutely ridiculous, to boot.

Goggle tans look pretty stupid, anyway. Most girls I know who don't ski or snowboard think they look absolutely ridiculous, to boot.

haha yeah, when i got back from Whistler people just thought i looked dirty, because it was the middle of may, and people dont get goggle tans here in PA. anyway, i bet you're excited to start the second session of the camp, i wish i could pretty much be on snow year-round like that.