Denton opening dates

Glenn

Ha, yeah, your GF straightlined WL on her first day ever, right?

I never said she straightlined it - she made about 5 GS turns and was down without a problem. She had been skiing for about a year at that point and had followed me down some other steep stuff.

WL is steep, but its really not that steep in my opinion.

But then again I've lived out west and have spent a few seasons making Stowe and Jay my home.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Denton is far...without looking, I'd guess the Catskills are closer to you.

And Belleayre DOES have a high speed lift...brand spankin' NEW.

I think the draw is snowmobiling in the denton area. I'm fairly certain my dad grew up snowmobiling around there and hopes to do the same this year. If the catskills are just as close I can't see a reason to even try. Also with the new high speed belleayre sounds very appealing.

I never said she straightlined it - she made about 5 GS turns and was down without a problem. She had been skiing for about a year at that point and had followed me down some other steep stuff.

WL is steep, but its really not that steep in my opinion.

But then again I've lived out west and have spent a few seasons making Stowe and Jay my home.

Why are you back here then :banghead

Why are you back here then :banghead

I'm came back for a girl :confused

But I really enjoy the Finger Lakes Area - The skiing isn't as good but still not too bad and I really enjoy the lakes in the summer.

The girl is no longer in the picture so I'm once again setting my sights north.

Gore maybe?

Well, yeah, if you did all that and lived in those places, then your GF would certainly find WL more of a green circle. Are Stowe and Jay in Vermont? I'll have to look them up somewhere.

I think the draw is snowmobiling in the denton area. I'm fairly certain my dad grew up snowmobiling around there and hopes to do the same this year. If the catskills are just as close I can't see a reason to even try. Also with the new high speed belleayre sounds very appealing.

My assistant soccer coach mentioned several times that they enter their kids in snowmobile races at Windham. I never asked her more about it, but I will if you want. I mean, if they hold races, then there must be some good 'normal person' snowmobiling in the area.

Well, yeah, if you did all that and lived in those places, then your GF would certainly find WL more of a green circle. Are Stowe and Jay in Vermont? I'll have to look them up somewhere.

My assistant soccer coach mentioned several times that they enter their kids in snowmobile races at Windham. I never asked her more about it, but I will if you want. I mean, if they hold races, then there must be some good 'normal person' snowmobiling in the area.

Stowe and Jay are both in Northern VT.

YAY Hunter with 3,000 other people, and one run. Don't worry, they call in all there ski patrol the first few days they are open :tinfoil:

So go to Camelback... Oh... yeah... riiiiiiiiiight - not open.... Wow.... sorrry....

I'm friends with most ski patrol at Hunter.. They actually make them ski without their jackets the first couple of weeks because people complain there's too many on the trail...

Didn't we already beat this to death back when those Hunter guys invaded our board?

It was one guy... me... And I'm back...

I was hoping he was, ski you had me worried :banghead

I used to be the world's worst ski instructor at Mt. Snow...my boss once said I made the hair stand up on the back of her neck. It was mostly because I was a Lounge Lizard variety instructor, if you know what that means. I just have to give ski4food shit for dissing Sno Mountain, but I can't say anything bad about his former home hill because it's Zonked's favorite place.

I want you to stay on PASR and post Hunter reports since most of us will be up there early season.. :rock

Cool... I just stopped by to see what Mumsters up to...

But I'll post when the they start making snow...

Why - what did I do to you to you? Did I call you a gaper?

Do you not like me because I'm from Hunter?

IDK, Doug, according to the Urban Dictionary in that link, TIA is "a great chick that is awesome at bj's and is so hot you can't take your eyes off her everyone loves her and if you want great sex you go to a tia".

I don't know exactly how that applies, though. DH is sometimes a little cryptic.

I don't know exactly how that applies, though. DH is sometimes a little cryptic.

Thanks in advance FYI.

especially considering the fact that it took him 3 trys to get his GED :lol:nana

If you're going to make up stories about how stupid I am it might be in your best interest to use the proper conjugation of "try."

Thanks in advance FYI.

If you're going to make up stories about how stupid I am it might be in your best interest to use the proper conjugation of "try."

Well, that's only if you go with the site's #1 definition; the second one is better.

And Senor was being sort of a dick. Just for fun, I paid the $29.95 for his police record. PM me if you want some of the highlights.

So go to Camelback... Oh... yeah... riiiiiiiiiight - not open.... Wow.... sorrry....

I'm friends with most ski patrol at Hunter.. They actually make them ski without their jackets the first couple of weeks because people complain there's too many on the trail...

It was one guy... me... And I'm back...

Yo. hows it been I havn't been on the other boared in a wile everybody chill over their?

I don't think Ski Denton is in the book but for three turns on the 66 degree slope you could feel like you were attacking the Paintbrush Chutes at J-Hole.. :rock

Headed to JH this March... Love PB and Altatchutes... It was a toss up between JH(staying at a friends condo for free) and a BC hut trip to Canada using my splitboard to get around...

Couldn't decide so I'm doing both...

sounds like you have an exciting season ahead of you. keep us posed over here.

Indeed.. Been wanting to explore the Chic Chocs in Eastern Canada for a while... I've began running to prepare for the week... Once ski season starts I'll skin up Hunter a couple times a week,,