10.20.06: BigBoulder Park Update

ParkLogic

I'm not sure why it was that way. I know the JibLab didn't hate skiers a few of them were skiers, in fact in their videos it was more skiing than snowboarding. But if you look at all the Tour De Creek pictures it was all snowboarders. It might have something to do with sponsors.

That comp is sponsored be Ride Snowboards - last year at MC, it was a snowboarding comp.

Shop teams and professional team riders from all over the East will compete in slope style competitions to take home the coveted Tour de Creek Cup, as well as a trip for the entire team. Riders aren?t the only competitors, as Tour de Creek is also a photography contest. Amateur and professional photographers alike are provided film to shoot photos all day for a chance to win the cash prize. After the competitions, join the party in Mountain Creek?s Hex Bar to watch a slide show of the day?s events and vote on the best photo.

I'm not sure why it was that way. I know the JibLab didn't hate skiers a few of them were skiers, in fact in their videos it was more skiing than snowboarding. But if you look at all the Tour De Creek pictures it was all snowboarders. It might have something to do with sponsors.

Mountain Creek's market was primarily snowboarders. There is definatlly more of a skiing scene in PA than Jersey for sure. ;)

I agree with that except for the upslope box. The way it was set up at creek, it was next to a step down jump and shared the landing, so it would throw you as if you had just gone off the jump at the end and it was a good 15-20 foot drop to the landing if you had speed. It wasn't a 8 foot drop back down to a short landing, it was a plastic jump.

All of the new jibs so far received a fresh coating of plastic this week. All edges and seams are routered for smoothness and safety and we have been making remarkable progress. Our jibs are known to be of high quality, extremely smooth with no buckling or imperfections of any kind. More features next week with more updates!

1344464173_l.jpg

1344464859_l.jpg

1344465452_l.jpg

Edited by ParkLogic

• 2 weeks later...