Will they blow snow???

bigdaddyk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked a few forecasts today.

Looks like about a high of 40, low of 30 for Saturday & Sunday. Unfortunately cloudy so it won't cool down quick at night, and high humidity, 70-80% will hold through Sunday. Monday night looks like the first night that they COULD make a decent amount of snow. Not sure if they will. Possible snowmaking weather Monday and Tuesday. Marginal to no snowmaking wednesday and thursday, but the high is only 48 and its partly cloudy so not much meltoff. Friday the 24th the high is about 38 low is 20. After that looks like 5 days of night time snowmaking weather, a little rain on Tuesday that could be snow and/or ice at the mountain. Doesn't look like any 24/7 snowmaking weather in the next two weeks.

From my amateur estimation, they could get 5 solid snowmaking nights and 2 possible ones. If they start this sunday they could get a little down but not much. If they do it will be one of those take pictures for the marketing blitz type things. If they wait until the 24th which is more likely, they will get at least 5 nights of solid snowmaking. Not sure how many hours before it warms up too much, but i would expect them to be open first week of December on at least a few trails. And I expect to be there for Dec 3rd.