Will they blow snow???

bigdaddyk

bigdaddyK are you getting the JF/BB pass this season? If you and Jordan make it down to Blue, I'll come up to Jack Frost..I haven't skied there since 94

Yeah, I already got one, even though I despise the changes made to the pass, like losing the discounts and validation of the non-vip passes. Distance was the biggest factor. I made it down to Blue three times, at the end of last year, and plan on getting down there a few times this year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all this stuff skipatrol is throwing out, shouldnt he be a representative? cause if bb doesnt want him to, than i dont think he should say anything else.

why? he really hasn't disclosed anything here that you couldnt find yourself with little research. Nothing he has thrown out there is "classified information".... Im sure if JFBB asked him to keep anything a secret, he wouldnt post it here. Why in hell would he not be allowed to talk about his job and his training? It's not like he works for the CIA or anything :rofl

Jordan

with all this stuff skipatrol is throwing out, shouldnt he be a representative? cause if bb doesnt want him to, than i dont think he should say anything else.

If JF/BB wanted him to be a rep, then we could hook him up. Idealy the reps work in marketing, or atleast know whats going on there, so they can give us a heads up on all the events.

I think it's cool that we have a ski patroller on here. Alot of new skiers and riders don't know the code..and think it's O.K. to ski real fast and weave in and out of skiers and riders...like Human Slalom Gates..actually skiing in the Poconos we sometimes have no choice.. :banghead Having ski area employees on PASR is always a good thing because they get the inside info on things before the general public. It seems like the Jack Frost ski patrollers are a different breed than the red coats at Blue and the rangers at Camelback. When my uncle was a ski patroller at Jack Frost he only booted skiers out if they jumped off of chairlifts or posed dangers to the other skiers and riders. So now I want to ski with Jordan, BigDaddyK, Gurp, SkiPatrollerNSP, Megan, and all the other JFBB homeys...both mountains in one day..open to close lift ticket..Yeah boy-EEE...

yayaaaaa

yea i think we're really fortunate to have the ski patrol that we do, and theyve found a way to be really chill with riders (esp. in the park) but still do their job by making sure everyones as safe as they can be

yay!

everyone has to come out to jfbb this year ahh im so stoked

Edited by megan

Last I heard that is exactly their plan, they would like to be the first to open.

and last to close? hopefully?

I would hope that the success of the may rail jam last year would make them realize how huge the interest there is for late season skiing is...

They seem to close when everyone else does because business is low (no because of snow issues) while everyone else closes due to lack of snow. I think if they stayed open another week after everyone else closed, they would see an enormous amount of skier visits from people whose home mountains are elsewhere.. throw in a "show us your season pass from another ski area, and get a discount" offer, and youre golden.....

Jordan

now back on topic. who will blow first in the poconos? I think it might be JFBB because they spent so much money on the snow making equipment they might want to show it off.

They have the coldest temps also, except for maybe Elk...but the two are probably pretty close.

This might be a chance for them to show off the new fans.... :rock

From accuweather for Lake Harmony:

Nov. 2 Thursday's Low: 24

Edited by bigdaddyk

Yea, just because the low is going to be in the 20's, that doesn't mean they can start making snow as soon as it gets dark. The coldest part of the day(night) is right before sunrise, so that would only give them snowmaking temps for a few hours.

Don't get me wrong, cold temps are GREAT!!

I know there's a word for when it gets cold faster with clear skies...It might be radiant cooling but I'm not 100%. Thats why us snowmakers always check the radar...it gives us an idea of how quickly the temp will drop down to the predicted low (especially if it's marginal temps). Also, it always seems to get less windy after dark, which is great for snowmakers.

I know there's a word for when it gets cold faster with clear skies...It might be radiant cooling but I'm not 100%. Thats why us snowmakers always check the radar...it gives us an idea of how quickly the temp will drop down to the predicted low (especially if it's marginal temps). Also, it always seems to get less windy after dark, which is great for snowmakers.

Early Saturday morning is looking good for us, Nifty. :rock

Right now I'll be using my combo gun, SM4, whatever you want to call it. I also have a low pressure combo gun, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet...it's just for making little piles because the mist all falls in somewhat small area. I can get around 2.7 or 1.6gpm depending on what PW I use for the SM4.

yea i got a mini sm4 setup with a pretty sick nuc nozzle i landed off of spray.com i ran it last night at around 4am-730am and made around a foot of snow so now i can throw a jib up for this weekend, if i can get another few hours in tonight ( weather pending ) then i can prolly get a lil jib ses goin on with this new box i fabd up