New in the Bear Creek Parks

Bear Creek PR

Suprise, Suprise! Take a look at the webcam tomorrow morning and you will see the beginnings of the biggest stair feature in PA history. We cloned the DC Mountain Lab's infamous stair set so you can throw down right in front of the quad lift. Hope everyone likes the new stuff, its gonna be a good year with 2 new urban stairsets at Bear. More progress to come.

Edited by swdorsey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suprise, Suprise! Take a look at the webcam tomorrow morning and you will see the beginnings of the biggest stair feature in PA history. We cloned the DC Mountain Lab's infamous stair set so you can throw down right in front of the quad lift. Hope everyone likes the new stuff, its gonna be a good year with 2 new urban stairsets at Bear. More progress to come.

Could you maybe get someone to stand in front of that cliff for scale, because right now it looks little more then a 6 foot drop, hardly worth calling a cliff. :snowpee:

At that height, just sail off it full speed and you won't even notice a flat landing.

Park sounds pretty sick for this upcoming season!!

Ive actually been up to bear twice within the past 3 weeks and have seen some of the new features( the new metal rails and stuff) upclose and let me tell you, the quality is AMAZING! As far as the mountain....something about it seems different,in a good way! :rock

Keep us updated!!

..adam..

yeh i was just up there today and took lots of pics but i didnt relize that bear had already posted pics. but i was up there and saw the new stair feature being built by the quad and i was like wut is that, but now it all makes sense. ive got pics of the new stair feature so far..

http://community.webshots.com/album/555167610ZHgVjE

I dont know if that is the best spot for a feature like the dc mtn lab stiar set. I mean yeah i get that its going to be the crown jewel of bear creek and your going to want everyone to see it, but a pro level feature like that has no business being right at the bottom of the hill where EVERYONE and there dad on ski blades can come down and hit it. Every single thing in the jib garden area get so tracked out that its very hard to hit, and a feature like that stair set is not going to leave no room for error when you catch an edge in a rut running up to it b/c all the ski bladers and little kids felt like jumping off the side of it. I mean dont get me wrong i cant wait to hit that and its def gonna be the sickest thing in PA, maybe even the east coast but im just really questioning the placement of it. Theres just been to many problems in the past of little kids sitting on the landings of rails and jumps etc. for it to be a good idea to have that there. Every little kid who thinks they can hit that is just goign to ride right over it and jump down the stairs, having noooo clue what their doing. I mean i ahve no problem with people who dont normally try something liek that to do it, b/c everyones gotta start somewhere, i just dont want to see people getting hurt.

Hell yeah BC. I knew I bought a new board for a reason. You just justified my purchase, and gave me reasons for more new gear! This season is gonna be ridiculous. Glad to see the east really stepping up with their parks, and BC's really making up for what they lack in vert. Bring on the snow! :bow:

I dont know if that is the best spot for a feature like the dc mtn lab stiar set. I mean yeah i get that its going to be the crown jewel of bear creek and your going to want everyone to see it, but a pro level feature like that has no business being right at the bottom of the hill where EVERYONE and there dad on ski blades can come down and hit it. Every single thing in the jib garden area get so tracked out that its very hard to hit, and a feature like that stair set is not going to leave no room for error when you catch an edge in a rut running up to it b/c all the ski bladers and little kids felt like jumping off the side of it. I mean dont get me wrong i cant wait to hit that and its def gonna be the sickest thing in PA, maybe even the east coast but im just really questioning the placement of it. Theres just been to many problems in the past of little kids sitting on the landings of rails and jumps etc. for it to be a good idea to have that there. Every little kid who thinks they can hit that is just goign to ride right over it and jump down the stairs, having noooo clue what their doing. I mean i ahve no problem with people who dont normally try something liek that to do it, b/c everyones gotta start somewhere, i just dont want to see people getting hurt.

what we need are some terrain park bouncers to keep out the riff-raff

The stairs will be set up in a way where minimal people will ride down the stairs as you explained. They are scary looking and id bet that this will not as big of an issue as you would think (something about crashing down stairs appeals less to beginners than hanging out on langinds). I actually think this will be one of the safer features in the way of crowds in the landing. For those who want to get their urban stair jib on without dying in front of the lodge/lift, another stairset will be in cascade park. You can now hit 2 stair features in 1 run and also hit other urban features on the way down as well. Urban Jibbage to the MAX at Bear this year!

Forumyoungbloood,

Its a serious concideration at this point and I'd bet that we will have a barrel bonk or the like by Christmas. If the barrel doesnt come out though you can bet on other "bonkable" features to be in the parks basically full time.

Oakley21,

As for the J-box we do still have it and I dont know what the deal is at this point. We are no tthrilled by its appeal in the park but we do own it so it may or may not make an appearance this year. You will just have to wait and see. If you hate the rail then there are over 30 others you can hit instead!

I was up on sunday for the fall festival, and me and some friends walked up cascade. It seems so much wider when your on the trail, and the roll-in is enourmous. Takes up about half the trail, but leads right into the cliff and tree bonk? We saw the rails too. The improvments are pretty kick ass, should be a sick season.

The rollercoaster was never hit by a groomer, or anything for that matter. That was a rumor started on these messageboards. It was taken off of the mountain in perfect condition last year and is in perfect shape for the upcomming season. We are aware that it and the J box were not the most popular features last year, but they will most likely see their place in one of the many parks at Bear this year. Again if you personally dont like those rails over 30 others will grace all 3 parks this year. On another note, all of the rails from last year have been rebuilt or fixed of any imperfections from last year's season so basically all of the features will slide like new again. Bear is dedicated to having the best and most progressive jibs in the area for all skill levels.