New in the Bear Creek Parks

Bear Creek PR

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to the DC question:

It is the exact same design and it is built probabibly a bit better than the stair set at DC. The rail configurations on the stairs are identical with an up-flat-down box on one side and an up-flat-down rail on the other. In the middle there is and up and a down rail with a gap through the top flat. The lip setups for this stairset are basically unlimited so expect to some some original streetstyle setups on it. Don't forget about our other stairset either. It will include a down box with a bar comming off the side and a down rail. Basically it will replicate a true urban enviroment almost exactly, except the cops aren't gonna bust you. Two stairsets for the price of one, only at Bear.

In response to the J box suggestion:

Thanks for the suggestion, I will pass it on to the Iron Works. As of now, we only have a huge binder full of ideas for how to set up features for this year and no final layout has been created for opening day. Any other ideas on how to set up rails differently or how you liked setups is greatly appreciated. We make the park for you guys, so we want you to like it. What better way to do than that than to listen to the suggestions of our "core park riders?" Keep the suggestions comming!

Edited by swdorsey

Any other ideas on how to set up rails differently or how you liked setups is greatly appreciated. We make the park for you guys, so we want you to like it. What better way to do than that than to listen to the suggestions of our "core park riders?" Keep the suggestions comming!

howbout absolutely no ride on rails in the main park....save all that for the beginner park...that would prolly cut down on traffic....like if u had no ride on rails and all step downs rather than tabletops ud get alot of the people who dont belong out

Edited by forumyoungblood

Trevor,

The 2 staircase comment is obviously not true throughout the world, but Bear is the only park in the area to have 2 full size stairsets open to the public on a daily basis to the best of my knowelege. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Haha I was just playin man. Blue will actually have two this year, but you guys are killin it with the DC setup. Things gonna be the hotness!!!!

im pretty sure almost no one on the east coast (not even vermont) is gonna be able to touch our jibs this year. Bear is stepping it up bringing the pro level stuff from the west coast right here to PA. PROPS.... major props. as for the j rail, just trash that thing, maybe you can sell it on ebay or something, that thing was STUPID! dont get rid of the dragon rail though that thing wasnt bad once you learned how to do it, plus it was funny watching from the quad how everyone would eat it big time every time they tried it.

Edited by nick

props to papasteez for the image hookup and and swdorsey for the detailed info on the stairset. i think we all can agree that this year will be bears most progressive season since its existence. last year was nice, but like nick said this season bears park should have some of the nicest jibs in pa. if not the east coast. just threw down on my season pass and now i'm just praying for snow.

• 1 month later...

In response to the DC question:

It is the exact same design and it is built probabibly a bit better than the stair set at DC. The rail configurations on the stairs are identical with an up-flat-down box on one side and an up-flat-down rail on the other. In the middle there is and up and a down rail with a gap through the top flat. The lip setups for this stairset are basically unlimited so expect to some some original streetstyle setups on it. Don't forget about our other stairset either. It will include a down box with a bar comming off the side and a down rail. Basically it will replicate a true urban enviroment almost exactly, except the cops aren't gonna bust you. Two stairsets for the price of one, only at Bear.

In response to the J box suggestion:

Thanks for the suggestion, I will pass it on to the Iron Works. As of now, we only have a huge binder full of ideas for how to set up features for this year and no final layout has been created for opening day. Any other ideas on how to set up rails differently or how you liked setups is greatly appreciated. We make the park for you guys, so we want you to like it. What better way to do than that than to listen to the suggestions of our "core park riders?" Keep the suggestions comming!

i doubt its better than DC's but it is still sick. some stairs goign up would have been nice but i guess its irrelevent cuz there is usually snow going up anyways. and u gusy should make the middle of the stairs like under the top where all the rakes and shovels are kept like at DC. its a sick idea. and howbout a light up BC sign??

little kids cant ride over stepdowns

yeah they can. they always would roll over the top jump in the big park. most of the time they ate shit which was entertainign from the lift, but they were still in the way.

there are 2 new urban features in this thread along with the stair case, BC is supposevly also having a line of urban jibs

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6493

yes