Vermont question

Guest Mojo80

so me and my friend are suppose to be going to vermont thanksgiving weekend, i herd they had sopme snow, now i hhear they dont, does anyone know when there expected to open up ountians up there?

Killington will not be open this weekend, but the forcast is calling for rain/snow this weekend, and with that will also come the colder temps. The upper part of the mountain has an excellent base and is perfectly ready. Now they are going to wait about another week to blow on the lower half of K1. We will def be riding by thanksgiving, look for an opening next week.

He was talking about Plymouth State. While Penn State is the real PSU, Plymouth State should get a new thing.

:no Well I'm going to have to pull some kind of lawsuit here then. I don't know what kind, but it can't be class action or else we split it w/ everyone here and I only get 42.1 cents. :rofl

A bunch of my friends at PSU main campus said you drink cans at your parties and there are no kegs? Whats up with that?

Most apartments don't allow you to have kegs. Also, the frats aren't allowed to have kegs. Not to say they're not around. Penn State Snowboard Club always has kegs, and a few other places but for the most part its cans.

Frats aren't allowed to have kegs...most off campus have cans as well. only kegger I've been to so far was for the ski race team :rock

Cans are where its at. No big line, multiple people can get one at the same time etc. The only drawback is that in the morning you have a can on every flat surface for 33 miles. :banghead

yes i go to Plymouth State

and we have kegs, and we party 6 days a week, because there is NOTHING to do here, but get drunk and high, but we love it anyway

and i'm not kidding when i say there is nothing to do here, we are in the middle of no where, when it snows it kicks ass and we have a shit load to do, but you can't even go shopping here, all we have is a walmart

yes i go to Plymouth State

and we have kegs, and we party 6 days a week, because there is NOTHING to do here, but get drunk and high, but we love it anyway

and i'm not kidding when i say there is nothing to do here, we are in the middle of no where, when it snows it kicks ass and we have a shit load to do, but you can't even go shopping here, all we have is a walmart

i visted castleton , keene and johnson state and there is aboslutly nothing to do there. Towns are small and tour guide said most kids go home on the weekend leaving nothing to do if theres no snow. Im really reconsidering going up north for college.

if you are in a city area now, and you like it you might want to stay south(compaired to the new england schools), UNH is a bit bigger and has more to do, as well as any school in boston. Plymouth on the other hand has a movie theather that plays one movie at a time, walmart, hanafords, marshals, and a dunkin. alot of kids go home but those who don't know how to have fun on the weekends. some go hiking, others do work, and some party. i love being up here, the weekends when everyone doesn't go home we party all weekend, then the weekends that alot of people go home i get alot of my school work done. it's really a personality thing, try going 3 weeks with out going anywhere except a walmart or food store, if you are still okay and not dieing then schools up north are okay for you, if you find yourself willing to do ANYTHING just to go to a burgerking, or your favorite store in the local mall than up north is not for you. Good Luck

I wish i lived away from big cities... I looked at johnson to, nice campus, but yeah the town is small, You could look at Green Mtn College, it's not far from Rutland, which isn't to bad, and Killington is right there, aswell as all the other southern VT resorts.

Big cities suck.

one of my friends used to go to castleton. i stayed with him over my spring break and skied killy for the week, but once we were done skiing for the day, there was absolutely nothing at all to do besides play video games and drink. he said until november when the mtn opened, there was nothing to do there, which seemed pretty much true. i love taking trips up to vt, but i could never live there unless i lived in burlington or something.