I can't take it anymore, I'm driving to Maine

vtboarder

I can't handle walking past my board in the hallway anymore. If Sugarloaf's site doesn't change, and they actually do open this Friday, me and two friends are leaving Friday night for the 9 and 1/2 hr. drive to Maine.

I'm going to flip out if we get one more 75 degree day this month like Saturday! :banghead

Hopefully I'll have a TR and pics by Tuesday!

Flying out to Colorado for the weekend would take less time than the drive to Sugarloaf...I think the drive to the Loaf is even more than 9.5 hours.

I would drive to Colorado if I had more vacation time...haha.

Flying unfortunately is not an option....tickets aren't in my price range. My Honda Accord however, can get pretty far on a few tanks of gas.

Flying out to Colorado for the weekend would take less time than the drive to Sugarloaf...I think the drive to the Loaf is even more than 9.5 hours.

colorado is really not worth flying to just yet. However, the mountains are supposed to get 10-20" of snow tonight, so there might be more terrain openings by tomorrow

Jordan

looks like the EC is getting SKROOD. Killington has surpassed its record for the longest off season ever...

Killington is definitely not opening this weekend. They're saying T-giving at the earliest. The Killington off season is now close to 200 days.

Killington is definitely not opening this weekend. They're saying T-giving at the earliest. The Killington off season is now close to 200 days.

This is definately getting really depressing. I am not going to be a happy camper if Killy sucks when i get there.

At this rate, i wouldn't get your hopes up...

F*CK THIS NOVEMBER RAIN!!!! :killyourself:

Sugarloaf's Update

This Week's Update

The latest weather report is in and it's looking like temps should be dropping back down into ideal snowmaking range by Friday night. We'll get those Low-Energy guns roaring as soon as we can and things are looking good for lifts to turn early next week.

There's still a good charge of snow up high on the mountain from our first round of snowmaking last week, and once temps are back in range it shouldn't take long before we have Tote Road blanketed in snow and ready for turns - 2 miles and nearly 2,000 feet of vert, all on the very first day.

Long range forecast is looking pretty wintery too, so make your plans now to spend Thanksgiving day on the slopes.

Winter's coming kids. Get excited. See you next week!

ethan

Check out the season's first round of snowmaking in this video that was shot last week.