Looking to buy a pair of NEW skis

ColoradoHigh

The only problem I'm having right now is waiting for line to SHIP the 171 model to TTN....or anywhere for that matter.

yeah, line dropped the ball with this whole "lets wait til every mountain in the country is open before we ship our skis" thing this year... i'm still waiting on my 178s as well.

oh, and my silencers are mounted at +7.5, and will primarily be my park ski. i have a pair of seths for all mtn.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, line dropped the ball with this whole "lets wait til every mountain in the country is open before we ship our skis" thing this year... i'm still waiting on my 178s as well.

oh, and my silencers are mounted at +7.5, and will primarily be my park ski. i have a pair of seths for all mtn.

We had Line prophets and chronics for months, but our invaders came in on friday.

They dont even make them anymore.Some people will think of them as antiques. If she sells them on ebay she will get more then what she wants for them.

Highly doubt that she will get anywhere close to $275 for them on e-bay. I've picked up brand new current year stuff thats in high demand for less than that. Some of the Axis boards on ebay are going for around $200 with bindings.

I think its kinda wack that Bell gave out 3 year old all mountain skis for a park event. Bad press. My advice whether you'd like it or not is to just take the easy $150 or $100 from someone instead of having them sit around trying to get close to $300. You could easily make back the money you spent for the day. Everyones a winner! :D

Highly doubt that she will get anywhere close to $275 for them on e-bay. I've picked up brand new current year stuff thats in high demand for less than that. Some of the Axis boards on ebay are going for around $200 with bindings.

I think its kinda wack that Bell gave out 3 year old all mountain skis for a park event. Bad press. My advice whether you'd like it or not is to just take the easy $150 or $100 from someone instead of having them sit around trying to get close to $300. You could easily make back the money you spent for the day. Everyones a winner! :D

I agree totally. I'd put them on eBay with an opening bid of $89 and hope they'd go to $149. The up-side is that they are a great length for the type of skier that would want them. Also, just because a ski was 'introduced' four years ago, doesn't mean it's not better than this year's model. Most times it's nothing more than a new paint job or a small tweak in sidecut dimensions. And, hey, these were made in America, before K2 turned Chinese.

I agree totally. I'd put them on eBay with an opening bid of $89 and hope they'd go to $149. The up-side is that they are a great length for the type of skier that would want them. Also, just because a ski was 'introduced' four years ago, doesn't mean it's not better than this year's model. Most times it's nothing more than a new paint job or a small tweak in sidecut dimensions. And, hey, these were made in America, before K2 turned Chinese.

K2's come a long way since the axis line was out. yeah, production moved to china, but guess what happened? their production quality improved. bases have a better finish to them, and fewer skis have gone back under warranty. damn those chinese. also, the skis ski significantly better than they did then. if you'd compare the axis xt to the apache crossfire, which is its current model replacement, the two ski pretty differently.

K2's come a long way since the axis line was out. yeah, production moved to china, but guess what happened? their production quality improved. bases have a better finish to them, and fewer skis have gone back under warranty. damn those chinese. also, the skis ski significantly better than they did then.

It's all in the rice core they use now! Technology!

:ph34r: