Jump over road on the way to elk

stevewww

I remember a year or two ago someone built a jump over the road on the way to elk. it was right after the really sharp turn in that big open field. Me and my friends wanted to hit it but since our parents drove us to the mountain we never could. anyway, now that we can drive we want to do it and I was wondering if anyone on here built it and if so how because I imagine the owners of the property didn't let you.

dude i never saw it but how would they get speed? in that area there is like no hill just feilds.

actually there is a slight hill but its longs enough to get speed when your going to elk it is on your right side. You would have to hike all the way up to the woods but you could get plenty of speed.

Where the hell are you going to put a road gap near bear.

There is a road like two mins past bear that people used to do it on i dont think it has been done lately because of the lack of snow in the last winters. I know there are pics of it just have to find them,

Edited by AgentRider21

Theres one across a jeep trail in the woods near my house.

Theres also a bunch of old strip mines that provide manmade cornices, cliff drops, and a gap over a 40ft pit, but its all sketchy as hell what with trees and other debris. Its also way out in the woods, and hiking throught the woods in all your snowboard gear in 2ft of snow sucks.

actually there is a slight hill but its longs enough to get speed when your going to elk it is on your right side. You would have to hike all the way up to the woods but you could get plenty of speed.

ohh ok now i know what you mean. its not steep but its kinda a long hill

• 3 weeks later...

there is one near bear on dogwood road (off state st.)

i think the owner of the property got pretty mad for insurance liabilities/people sueing him...

it was pretty cool. you could jump cars and stuff but it all ended when adam snyder landed on his back and cracked a bunch of vertebraes

theres a REAL good one just past whiteface is lake placid, its over a 2 lane road about 3 miles east of whiteface on a main road. it looks as if someone cleared a trail on purpose to jump the road, since it has an amzing landing. i didnt session it since there was no snow i just checked it out, need a pretty heavy snow cover to cover all those logs...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...