New season pass question

firstoff

Right for their website

PLEASE READ - The Season pass is a credit card type pass that the passholder must present at the Jack Frost or Big Boulder ticket window each time they come to ski/board to pick up (and must wear) a daily lift ticket. There will be designated ticket windows on weekends and holidays for passholders so you do not need to wait in line. If the pass includes rental, it is on a first come - first served basis. Passes are not transferable. Misuse of pass or violation of area rules can result in loss of pass and/or prosecution. If a person should lose his/her season pass a fee of $50 will be charged to reprint the pass.

BONUS - Our gift to you! When you purchase a JFBB season pass you will receive 2 FREE SnoPasses! They will be added to your season pass and can be redeemed any day through the 06-07 season.

That's not all! You will also receive $20 debit dollars! This too will be added to your season pass. Debit dollars can be used at the Cafe or JFBB ticket windows!

50% off all Peak Resorts...

When you purchase your season pass at JFBB, it not only gets you through our doors, but also 50% off lift tickets at all of our other Peak Resorts ( Boston Mills/Brandywine, Crotched Mountain, Snow Creek, Mad River Mountain, Paoli Peaks, and Hidden Valley).

Visit www.peakresorts.com for more information on these other GREAT ski areas.

This routine sounds like a phenomenal pain in the butt. I mean the whole point of a season pass is to go directly to the slopes, skipping all this window carrying on. Sure there's a special window, but it ought to be enough to show your pass as you get on the chair. After all your picture is on it and if you hire decent help they should be looking at it. Basically, it sounds like BB didn't trust its lifties to do the job, so now it's the passholders' problem.

Ride the East, Who are you?

Batman, but no, seriously, you never answered your cell...

This routine sounds like a phenomenal pain in the butt. I mean the whole point of a season pass is to go directly to the slopes, skipping all this window carrying on. Sure there's a special window, but it ought to be enough to show your pass as you get on the chair. After all your picture is on it and if you hire decent help they should be looking at it. Basically, it sounds like BB didn't trust its lifties to do the job, so now it's the passholders' problem.

It's not too bad. But it's still slow, It will be a pain when it gets busy. I don't mind a JF, but at BB I park on the opposit side, so it is quite a hike to get it. Oh well, It's more then likely not going to change, so I guess we all have to deal.

BTW... Make sure you secure your pass good. Quite a few people have already lost theirs this year.

Batman, but no, seriously, you never answered your cell...

hmmmmm.... try again. I get really busy on the phone from 8-12 - leave a message. often I am on the 2-way or don't take call waiting if I don't recognize the number. Sorry about that...

BTW - there is a VIP pass for extra money that allows you to skip the validation thing.

BTW - there is a VIP pass for extra money that allows you to skip the validation thing.

So, basically what you are saying is that if you have enough extra cash, you get "special privileges", which are really no better than what other ski areas consider the norm. They wanted a price increase to the passes, decided to hit the rich people first, screw the poorer ones, and for what?

Personally, I think that if enough people write articulate letters to management and suggest how to handle giving some OTHER perk to the rich guys (or refund them the difference) this can get changed. A similar silliness was proposed at CB years ago for the free kid passes. I wrote a letter about the hassle this was for little kids starting to ski and guess what, they wrote me back, told me it was a great letter and changed the policy back to what it had been. So, letters can work if they are well reasoned, etc. It probably WON'T work for getting the fired park guys back as that involves saving face, but as the crowds hit and that special window gets backed up and passholders are losing ski time, it's got to have some impact.

As it is, if they can let the VIP passholders up the hill, if they trust the lifties to check THOSE passes, then why can't they trust them to inspect all the passes?

Why should the liftys do the job when, whenever some come through without a ticket, and we turned them in, we never collected a bounty that we are supposed to get....and ppl being passholders, and not having a ticket...who is honest then...Besides, anyone who has a job can agree, you get what you pay for, and for the pay they get out there, its not to hard to see why no one really cares.....

I had a guy here tell me that they are IMPORTING help this winter because they hope to get people with a "work ethic", which apparently was lacking last year. I guess if you DON'T like the pay, don't TAKE the job if you don't want to DO the job.

Anyone ever notice that Mountain Creek has almost all foreign lift attendants at times? Last year there were a bunch of guys from New Zealand on their summer break. It was strange.

CO is loaded with zelanders. Because their winter is opposite of ours, they get 6 mo work vesas so they can snowboard/ski year round.

I had a guy here tell me that they are IMPORTING help this winter because they hope to get people with a "work ethic", which apparently was lacking last year. I guess if you DON'T like the pay, don't TAKE the job if you don't want to DO the job.

Part of the bad work ethic has to do to the poor management and treatment of the employees prior to peak. I knew a bunch of good people who left because BB managment treated them like crap. I believe and hope peak is better then this, but reguardless, they will inhertit the bad taste left in peoples mouth from prior years. Second half of the poor work ethic is this area, I have fired 3 people in one week because they were worthless lazy people and I am an easy going guy who usually works with people. This is not just my experiance, it seems from talking to other business owners and management they have the same prob. I gave up and just work 10 to 16 hour days and not have crappy employees rather then waste my time with people that constantly don't show up, are late, and/or don't want to listen and do things the way they feel they should be done.

So, basically what you are saying is that if you have enough extra cash, you get "special privileges", which are really no better than what other ski areas consider the norm. They wanted a price increase to the passes, decided to hit the rich people first, screw the poorer ones, and for what?

Personally, I think that if enough people write articulate letters to management and suggest how to handle giving some OTHER perk to the rich guys (or refund them the difference) this can get changed. A similar silliness was proposed at CB years ago for the free kid passes. I wrote a letter about the hassle this was for little kids starting to ski and guess what, they wrote me back, told me it was a great letter and changed the policy back to what it had been. So, letters can work if they are well reasoned, etc. It probably WON'T work for getting the fired park guys back as that involves saving face, but as the crowds hit and that special window gets backed up and passholders are losing ski time, it's got to have some impact.

As it is, if they can let the VIP passholders up the hill, if they trust the lifties to check THOSE passes, then why can't they trust them to inspect all the passes?

Writing letters won't work. They 've responded to posts on here about how much people dislike the changes. I do miss the reserved parking. It would be nice if they could attach that to the VIP pass.

c'mon sib money buys priviledges, if that is what you call them. speed passes, early first runs etc etc