Thurs dec 7th whos comming with me?

Jody

Ha yea dude, it was legit snowing, sticking and all. I had almost an inch on my car when I left at 6:30. And if you don't like to ride when it snows? What? It wasn't even enough to slow the snow down (kind of windy). I hope they get a bit tonight, and my car said it was 25 degrees when I left, but they hadn't started blowing that early as far as I know.

Ha yea dude, it was legit snowing, sticking and all. I had almost an inch on my car when I left at 6:30. And if you don't like to ride when it snows? What? It wasn't even enough to slow the snow down (kind of windy). I hope they get a bit tonight, and my car said it was 25 degrees when I left, but they hadn't started blowing that early as far as I know.

I left at 7:30 and it was down to 21 degrees. They weren't blowing yet, but had all of the fans turned on to warm/ defrost them. I think they were holdin off so they could blow toward closing.

i was there till around 615 and got a bunch of runs in i was the guy trying to telemark, i must say its tougher then i expected it to be. i will be there tommorrow night, anyone else going??

Dude i deffinitly saw you. And am I the only one that thinks that the boxes stick like crazy. I would do them and would stick and you could see other people having trouble with them. I also thought that they could deffinitly had some more rails in there to reduce the major trafic on the 2 main rails.

i was there till around 615 and got a bunch of runs in i was the guy trying to telemark, i must say its tougher then i expected it to be. i will be there tommorrow night, anyone else going??

I think I saw you on Boulder. I'm thinking about going Friday and skipping JF on Saturday. I have a feeling that the weekend might be more crowded than what I will like, for what JF says they will have open. But then again, last year they opened with more than what the web site advertised.

Dude i deffinitly saw you. And am I the only one that thinks that the boxes stick like crazy. I would do them and would stick and you could see other people having trouble with them. I also thought that they could deffinitly had some more rails in there to reduce the major trafic on the 2 main rails.

its only the third day open! im thankful for having any rails/boxes at all!! when the parks are open 100% you will see nearly 30 rails and boxes... just give it some time.. and yeah those boxes do stick a little at times but throw some snow on and you'll be fine

Edited by brtndominant

i like going after it snows... ill never go snowboarding during a big storm , but right after it. yeah yesterday was just flurrys, but i have bald tires, and by me they didnt salt the roads and there was a dick load of black ice.

just not a fan of snowboarding and hitting sticky boxes and shit when your getting pelted by lil flakes of shit.

Yea got to hate those 'little pieces of shit' falling out of the sky when your SNOWboarding. Nice. But thats why I say I'm a snowboarder, not a skateboard who has a snowboard in the winter. Powder, steeps, what the fuck does anyone know about that anymore anyway? We hit up the steeper trails at BB on thursday and didn't see a person, there were like 80 kids in the park hiking 2 out of the 5 rails.

As for the boxes being sticky, I agree with that. But I also know that they are all brand new, they have been used from maybe a dozen or so hours, they get less sticky. Creek's rails were always sticky early season until they got scraped over a lot. So yea, right now, catching our edges. Give them some time. Those rails will be out all season, and they're solid enough to last for several years so they will be buttery smooth for a long time.

Try the first box, super mellow, perfect lip. I was working on my frontside boardslides last night and it was easy.

The first boxes were sliding real nice. The two flats at the bottom were getting a little sticky throughout the night but nothing that you couldn't handle, overall in good shape. The down box was also real smooth. Was my first time at Boulder and i was impressed, definitely be back there again this year.