street rail spots

dorsey!

it seems like there is always a thread on here about somebody looking for street rails, but when are people gonna learn. People scout rails, usually a lonnnggg time in advance and sometimes you might only get one shot at that rail so people arent just going to give up the rails that they find. Its hard enough just finding one and getting to do it once without other people poaching the stuff youve worked so hard for...... but then again maybe there is some people on here who are willing to share

There is one right down 946 into Slatington but its more near Blue Mountain. Im pretty sure its a 100 set with like 15 kinks. Its minor though. Back lip slide. 450 on. Its a great rail to learn on. I remember my first hit with a rodeo 7 on and then I think I did a cork 9 out. It was sweet, great photo op.

there's a real sick one at the intersection of ogontz and olney in north philly, at central high school. i like to call it big red. i think its pretty doable though, its only got 6 kinks.

Holy shit that rail is death x 4. If somebody did that....holy shit. Its neck high and the kinks are so sharp...

Rails are everywhere. Chances are if you drive around you'll find more than one in your town. You need to scout them out beforehand, though. You can't just show up to a rail and try to hit it. Check out the rail, if its steel or aluminum, runup space, landing space, and how much snow you might need to bring from the ice rink. The best idea is to hit up a rail right after a fresh snowfall, but that might not happen nowadays. You might need to build a runup ramp, or get a piece of something to rig up a runup.

If its your first time hitting street jibs start off with something small. Maybe 10-12 stairs, no kinks, alot of space around the rail (i.e. not sandwiched between buildings or really close to a lampost) and maybe keep the stairs covered with snow the first few times you hit it. Once you've got it locked shovel off the stairs then get a photo or something so you can brag about it afterwards.

See now I feel like a total idiot. The first street rail I hit was outside my high school. I think it was 8 or 10 stairs, a little more than two board-lenghts long. I got some friends to tow me in. I built a huge kicker up to it because I was so scared of hooking my nose under the rail.

Anything that helps you get up to a bigger street rail helps. I would find it hard just to show up to a 20 stair rail and do it. Riding rails in the park helps a little but doing something smaller just to get the feel and get over the initial fear.

Ya gotta start somewhere anyway I guess.

Edited by tell_them_nothing