opening of the park

snowgangsta

Just wait to Bear has the oppurtunity to make some snow and stay open. They will be at the top with Big Boulder no dought, (atleast in my mind). Just becuase Blue's trail is longer doesnt mean it is nessecarly a better trail for a terrain park. It seems like all the turns are a pain in the ass for having to get enough speed for there jumps.

And to Papasteeze, I like you and think you bring a lot to PASR, but get off of BB's dick. Its really starting to get annoying when you mention BB in everysingle post you make.

I honestly don't know how you guys can even begin to say that Blue's rails and boxes are better quality than Bear Creek's rails and boxes.

I can't personally comment on the build quality. I was just pointing out that amount of snow really holds no bearing.

Yes i've seen the pics. The cliff thing looks fun, but sorta pointless (like the bus i might add). The stairs look nice, and the rest of the rails look well built, but i can't really comment furthur without trying

I take it you weren't refering to me? :confused

Anyway, all i know is the rails blue has on come around right now blow.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys get real blue is a great mt. don't get me wrong it has awesome vert., nice long trails and pretty good food. BUT when you have a mt. that is mostly switch-backs and steep, its a poor place to have a park made. Blue should really turn Paradise into a park cuz its pretty long with an ok pitch to it an its not jam packed with switch-backs. To me having to go mach-3 to clear a jump then have to throw on the brakes just to turn in time for a switch-back is stupid. Plus having the slope with a constant steep pitch, an no mellow areas is dangerous. An the rails are weird, who/why would you make a rail/box out of square tubing? (rhetorical question) Oh and blue needs to get some kids who actually know how to hand groom jumps not 14 an 15 year old kids. I was just up tonight an there where 4 or 5 kids grooming an only one was older then 17. You guys should have a butt load to groom 2 rails an a freakin jump. Blue gives BC a run for the money but when you want to ride park come to BC, an when you want to have long (PA) slopes go to Blue.

Disclaimer:Oh an people don't think i'm a hater or anything its just i have an opinion that you may agree with or disagree with, thats cool. Just don't be stupid an start name calling.

Blue should really turn Paradise into a park cuz its pretty long with an ok pitch to it an its not jam packed with switch-backs.

An the rails are weird, who/why would you make a rail/box out of square tubing? (rhetorical question)

Oh and blue needs to get some kids who actually know how to hand groom jumps not 14 an 15 year old kids.

Yeah, because paradise definitely isn't a popular beginner trail. We park rats deserve 100% what we want when we want it. Be thankful for what we have- Terrain parks were unheard of at blue until the late 90s.

Who? The people who built them. Why? Because it's easy to work with, and works absolutely fine.

All of the guys on park crue are 17+ years old

:wiggle you ignant

Most people don't go straight through the park anyway and they always hang around at the turns. It's better to hang around the turns then in a landing so I think all the curves might be saving some injuries. Bears park is really short, but it has some nice stuff but no reason to stop unless you fall. Blue is really gonna step it up this year. The jumps are not good jumps to learn things on and Bear's table tops are. So once you get that trick down over at Bear go to Blue for a real photo shoot near 15 ft up instead of 6ft up. Plus Blue focuses on all of the mountain. They have a really nice mountain for all ages and abilities. Its not like they sit there and only work on park. Bear only has the park going for it so thats what they focus on. So stop putting Blue down. This is a bad season so far but once they get everything open then compare but dont put eachother down. There will be goods and bads in both parks.

i'm gonna agree with skierboy, square coping sucks, really bad. if you arent completely flat based on it, it bites into your edges really badly, and its also much harder to switch up or spin out of, or stop your rotation when spinning on, at least on skis. the construction of the crackerbarrel/rollercoaster box they made last year is top notch. why cant all the boxes be made like that, minus the circus freak dimensions?

Most people don't go straight through the park anyway and they always hang around at the turns. It's better to hang around the turns then in a landing so I think all the curves might be saving some injuries. Bears park is really short, but it has some nice stuff but no reason to stop unless you fall. Blue is really gonna step it up this year. The jumps are not good jumps to learn things on and Bear's table tops are. So once you get that trick down over at Bear go to Blue for a real photo shoot near 15 ft up instead of 6ft up. Plus Blue focuses on all of the mountain. They have a really nice mountain for all ages and abilities. Its not like they sit there and only work on park. Bear only has the park going for it so thats what they focus on. So stop putting Blue down. This is a bad season so far but once they get everything open then compare but dont put eachother down. There will be goods and bads in both parks.

Amen brotha.... Hey i think i saw you in the park yesterday. Where you wearing an all white getup with gray stripes? I thought i heard someone call you Steve, but i wasn't sure enough to ask and look like a fool if i was wrong. If that was you i was the kid in a gray burton hoodie, black helmet, brown gogs, and a white dominant. Let me know if that was you so the next time i won't feel dumb and i'll say whats up? haha.

i'm gonna agree with skierboy, square coping sucks, really bad. if you arent completely flat based on it, it bites into your edges really badly, and its also much harder to switch up or spin out of, or stop your rotation when spinning on, at least on skis. the construction of the crackerbarrel/rollercoaster box they made last year is top notch. why cant all the boxes be made like that, minus the circus freak dimensions?

maybe it's different for skiers....

Amen brotha.... Hey i think i saw you in the park yesterday. Where you wearing an all white getup with gray stripes? I thought i heard someone call you Steve, but i wasn't sure enough to ask and look like a fool if i was wrong. If that was you i was the kid in a gray burton hoodie, black helmet, brown gogs, and a white dominant. Let me know if that was you so the next time i won't feel dumb and i'll say whats up? haha.

Yeah, that was him

....and that was probably me calling him

....nice meeting you

Yeah that was me. And yeah I remember the white dominant. Its a sweet board. I just got a Burton Blunt but I cant test it out until Tuesday cause of a New Years Eve Party. Man, maybe its better that way though so if they get new snow I wont scratch it up on some random rocks. But yeah next time your up and you see me say hi.

And I love square coping. Haha could you imagine a square coping s rail. That would be some sick shit! lol

Edited by Rodeo Steve

Yeah that was me. And yeah I remember the white dominant. Its a sweet board. I just got a Burton Blunt but I cant test it out until Tuesday cause of a New Years Eve Party. Man, maybe its better that way though so if they get new snow I wont scratch it up on some random rocks. But yeah next time your up and you see me say hi.

And I love square coping. Haha could you imagine a square coping s rail. That would be some sick shit! lol

Word, i'll be sure to say hi next time now that i know who you are, haha. I sat next to a kid on the way up the 6 pack earlier in the day with a PASR sticker on his helmet. So i said something about it and he was just like, "eh i never really go on there". Then promptly turned to his buddies and didn't say another word to me. So i was trying to avoid that awkwardness again, haha.

BTW: i have no issues with square coping. I could care less what it is as long as it is set up decently. Got to be able to ride anything the mountain throws at you.

Edited by jibophonic

has the blue mountain park crew ever heard of using salt to harden the lips of jumps or a jump onto a box or rail. it makes a big difference and it keeps it nice and strong and doesnt need much repair work. they should try that out sometime. blues biggest problem with the park is the ruts they get on landings and jumps people dont ever hit something from a different side, they always come up the middle and put a huge rut on the jump. SO USE SALT TO PACK IN THE JUMPS MAKE THE PARK LOOK NICE FOR ONCE.

has the blue mountain park crew ever heard of using salt to harden the lips of jumps or a jump onto a box or rail. it makes a big difference and it keeps it nice and strong and doesnt need much repair work. they should try that out sometime. blues biggest problem with the park is the ruts they get on landings and jumps people dont ever hit something from a different side, they always come up the middle and put a huge rut on the jump. SO USE SALT TO PACK IN THE JUMPS MAKE THE PARK LOOK NICE FOR ONCE.

have you ever heard of this thing called warm weather? salt is used when temps are close to freezing or below. the salt melts the snow of the lip slightly, which makes it easier to sculpt, and then the cold temperatures refreeze the lip in its new manicured form. salt doesn't do shit when its too warm for the snow to refreeze.