opening of the park

snowgangsta

i dont want to ride at blue it's the next closest resort even though their park sucks.

Ya I hear that a lot from people who can't even ski the rest of the mountain... Haha just playin' man. What don't you like about the park? Where you there at all last year? Things are moving in a really good direction.

My friends and I call that big ass jump The Season Ender :rock

:lol Thats the best name I've heard for it yet. I know of a kid or two who got buck bucked for the season on that hit.

anyone have any idea when theyre going to open lower sidewinder and the lower terrain park? i dont really go into the sidewinder park but i usually cross into lower sidewinder and the lower terrain park after tuts lane and lazy mile so im really interested in when theyre opening.

also, does anyone know when theyre going to start blowing snow on razors and challenge burma and paradise? those are some of my favorite trails and im trying to go when they open these trails.

on another note, 1.5 weeks after i fractured my wrist on the second day of the season, i could be back at blue by this sunday morning. i cant wait to ride. =)

its going to take a while until those are open... they blew last night, but mainly only on the trails that they had snow on because they were starting to get shitstains on them from the mud. hopefully sometime after christmas they will have some more stuff open...

p.s.- the new name for the 6pack is "the milkman"... dont ask... just look.

Blue's park last year was very good, it beat out BC IMO...not only were the jibs and jumps better, but the trail was like 3 times as long.

Blue and BB are going to be hand in hand this year...BB's park right now is really goin off, despite of the lack of snow. But come mid janurary when both are 100% it's gonna be a close one.

Ill give it to Bear last year on the jibs. Although some of them were sucky. They were not able to pull off the circus rail thing at all. Transitions sucked except on the inverse rainbow. As far as jumps go. Blue dominated. Bear was more or less the place to learn before you stepped up to Blue's huge ass booters. Blue had some nice jibs last year but the lips were not wide enough and they were like a foot away from the lip. This year though I think Blue is really gonna step it up and the only thing bear has going for it is the urban staircase and maybe that cliff but that looks pretty sketchy. We will see though but I think Bear is gonna be left behind in the park comparison. BB is definately gonna be sick this year and it will be one hell of a comp between the parks. I think one of the biggest issues that will determine is maintanance

BB is definately gonna be sick this year and it will be one hell of a comp between the parks. I think one of the biggest issues that will determine is maintanance

I am thinking that due to the higher number of jibs and jumps combined with less traffic and then coupled with the way they will be organized that BB will be in a much better position to have superior maintenance because it won't get trashed as fast. Plus, I have been told that the parks will change thier layouts on a regular basis.

For you newschoolers, message me for an invite.

I am thinking that due to the higher number of jibs and jumps combined with less traffic and then coupled with the way they will be organized that BB will be in a much better position to have superior maintenance because it won't get trashed as fast.

Ya you really notice this when you ski at both mountains. Within 2 minutes of the park being open at Blue today there were people catching air off the lips to every single jib in the park. I think we saw that once or twice all night long at Boulder. Boulder has the no rentals in the park policy, and it looks like the mountain is going 100% park, so in that way you cut down on a lot of people who don't know what they're doing. The beginner/intermediate parks at Blue are a lost cause with trying to keep these people out, hopefully the stairs do something....

have you seen the jibs at Bear this year? cause their jibs destroy blues (btw, i like going to blue more than bear). and the cliff drop is pretty damn fun. its pretty obvious bb is ass raping everyone as far as parks go, but bear is gonna get second this year as far as parks go. they had only minimal snow and yet still set up PERFECT jibs.

the amount of snow available really doesn't have much effect on how well a jib is set up. I mean all it takes is a lil snow to make a jump and the snow to make the landing. Now i myself have not been to bear, but what i am saying is you could set up a nice jib in a parking lot with a backyard blizzard. It is obvious that blue put very little time or effort into the current terrain park. their main concern is getting as many trails open as possible, but were smart enough to know that they had to at least offer some sort of park or they'd lose business. Bear i'm sure spent a lot more time and money getting their park up and running ASAP because other then that Bear Creek really has nothing else to offer. It certainly isn't vert, or # of trails, haha.

Give blue a chance to get sidewinder open, i think bear is gonna be in a distant third. Especially if Blue manages to set that bus up right... but i don't have to much faith in that. :banghead

but i also mean how the actual jibs are built. bb and bc's are way nicer, smoother than blue's. boardsliding bc's rails/boxes was a hell of a lot less sketchy than blues boxes/rails

distant third? bc's park is gonna kill it this year. you've seen the pics

I can't personally comment on the build quality. I was just pointing out that amount of snow really holds no bearing.

Yes i've seen the pics. The cliff thing looks fun, but sorta pointless (like the bus i might add). The stairs look nice, and the rest of the rails look well built, but i can't really comment furthur without trying. I'll make it there this year i'm sure cause i know a kid working in the lodge who doesn't ski/ride. So i think i am getting his pass for like a case of beer. Just got to wait til i get back to KU to work that one out.

WTF: why am i on here i was supposed to be checking the weather so i knew what to take with me up to blue tonight... shit i could have been there already. Peace!