!!BC-Mark!!

DatKid

Hey Mark i think all of use locals near and far would like to know what are the future plans for BC this holiday season? Will we be open, how much snow, what trails, snow-blowing, ect...... So Mark please enlighten us BC-Mark!

P.S. Try not to be vague about the details.

no hate dude, but think about what you are asking.. Do you think he is some kind of futuristic weather fortune teller. If he could provide those kind of details that you are requesting, I guarantee he would be somewhere else because NO ONE has that ability.

IN other words, If Mark could make it cold enough to make snow, I guarantee you, he would. You have just as good a guess as him as to what the season will be like. Check out the weather and if it is going to be below 28 degrees FOR an extended amount of time, like 5 days or more then you can be assured that things will be good.

yea dude im gonig to agree with him this has happened in years past so just chill and find a ride up north for the next week or so casue theres nuthing he or any of the BC staff can do. Im pretty confident in saying that the wait will be worth it esp. bc of the way the park looking of opening day with all 2 1/2 inches of snow they had. every one that comments on here and every other topic involving being upset with bear should just chill cause all them guys at bear have done a damn good job and continue to do so. If you all would have seen this mountain like 5 years ago you wouldnt even care about when they opened but the point is that every year this place gets better and better and they are pushing to be the best and in my opinion they are getting closer and closer every season. But if you really wanna blame some one (which is what everyone seems to want to do) blame global warming cause thats the bastard thats doin this shit. ROCK ON BEAR :rock :rock

el nino,not global warming. also the fact that were mid atlantic, we get all sorts of rediculous weather patterns due to ocean currents and jet stream fluctuations.

i remember many a christmas when i was younger going outside without a jacket.

Just hope and pray the weather gets colder so BC can make snow. Remember BC is farther south than other mountains and therefore may not be able to make snow when other places farther north can make snow. I was looking at the upcoming 15 day forecast and it looks like temps are going to be more seasonable next week. However, the bad news is it looks like they are forecasting a few days of rain. Hopefully the forecasters are wrong and it gets cold enough for some natural snow to help the situtation.

I can remember back in the late 90's when this area had some crappy winters where the mountains really suffered due to abnormally warm winters caused by the EL NINO. Imo we will have our share of cold weather and snow this season. Hopefully, sooner than later. :thumb

The ski instructors had a meeting the other day and "supposedly" their hoping for next thursday, but then again that all depends on the weather and if it gets cold enough, its looking really iffy for the rest of December.... PLUS "supposedly" bear wants to open back up with 100% cover and all there trails open.... I dunno how much more of this i can take, i dont have the kind of moeny to ride blue 3 times a week but im dieing... I GOTTA RIDE!!!!!!

The ski instructors had a meeting the other day and "supposedly" their hoping for next thursday, but then again that all depends on the weather and if it gets cold enough, its looking really iffy for the rest of December.... PLUS "supposedly" bear wants to open back up with 100% cover and all there trails open.... I dunno how much more of this i can take, i dont have the kind of moeny to ride blue 3 times a week but im dieing... I GOTTA RIDE!!!!!!

lets do some poaching at blue. we gotta get on the trails by not going through the two scan points. once were on were good as long as we dont use the lodges. man im getting desperate. i was seriously looking at google earth and planning routes. f*ck

wow dude wut the hell r u talking about wasteing a shit load of money. its fucking december 21 not january or even febuary, there is still alot of season left. oh and for all you that think bear sucks at blowing snow just to let u know they know wut the hell there doing, and they made snow last night and the night before on cascade and the top of the mtn, so just chill the fuck out dude

wow dude wut the hell r u talking about wasteing a shit load of money. its fucking december 21 not january or even febuary, there is still alot of season left. oh and for all you that think bear sucks at blowing snow just to let u know they know wut the hell there doing, and they made snow last night and the night before on cascade and the top of the mtn, so just chill the fuck out dude

go fuck a duck

Wow... this one went downhill fast. Calm down boys, Bear Creek will be open as soon as they can. The season is still early and you'll have plenty of time to play in January and February so chill. BC Mark wants you on the mountain as much as you want to be on it and I am confident that he'll have you skiing and riding the minute the weather cooperates. Have some freaking patience.